All That Honda Jazz

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
On the RMS Blog: The Jazz has been a part of Honda's range for over a decade now, but has never managed to gain the following or kudos of it's bigger brother, the Civic.  Known even more charmingly as the Fit in Japan, we review the latest iteration in "Attract Yellow Pearl".

A Honda Jazz would fall into competition with the likes of the Skoda Fabia and Peugeot 2008 and indeed has progressed to attract a much younger audience over the outgoing Jazz. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
The americans get a 3 door version of this 'Fit'. I really don't get why we don't get one as well. I know the article says it wants to attract a younger audience but looking at that, it won't. It looks like a mini-MPV.

If Honda wanted a younger audience, they should be looking at what Suzuki is doing. Give it interesting options, make it affordable and you'll get them in the door. Or for the younger petrolhead, make a swift sport rival. Chuck a buzzy 1.6 in there, make it fun to drive, make it a type S or something. At 17k, I'd be looking at Fiesta STs, not this.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
the morons employed at HUK dont make things easy for the brand here; Japan needs to take hold of the reigns and stamp their authority on what goes on sale in terms of product, pricing etc.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I've always wanted a K20 Jazz and have it like this
jazz-reynaldi-960_13.jpg

jazz2.jpg

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
I wasn't sure if a 1.6i 150bhp engine would be enough to call it a type R, which is why I said Type S. A proper ST/RS Clio 200 rival with 200+bhp at that money, then yeah, Type R away.

It wouldn't.

200bhp+ shopping wagon! lol

Jamie-g

RMS Regular
I hate these cars with a passion and that new one looks even worse. A bag of w4nk the lot of them.

AndyG

RMS Regular
Because of the location of the fuel tank theyre a really well balanced car, Actually handle really well especially if someone put decent suspension into it

Tommy

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo
The better half drives a 2011 1.2 88bhp Jazz? It's seriously slow for car that's meant to be near 90bhp but that could be the lack of torque. 3rd gear when moving into the outside lane of the motorway material! Practical and reliable tho!

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
K20 fits in Japan have a massive following and when you see a well set up one on the track you can see why. I think the UK unfortunately has already stamped it's stigma on them for life, ID love to see a k20 jazz/fit built here.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
The better half drives a 2011 1.2 88bhp Jazz? It's seriously slow for car that's meant to be near 90bhp but that could be the lack of torque. 3rd gear when moving into the outside lane of the motorway material! Practical and reliable tho!

missus has a 2010 1.2 Clio and it is flat out dangerous how slow it is.

It can be driven on it's absolute ragged edge, and I mean mm's away from tipping off into the scenery and still barely keep up with the average stay at home mum in her 1997 Mondeo TDi

AndyG

RMS Regular
K20 fits in Japan have a massive following and when you see a well set up one on the track you can see why. I think the UK unfortunately has already stamped it's stigma on them for life, ID love to see a k20 jazz/fit built here.
There's one being built atm close by, mapped and running, will be a really cool car when it's done!

AndyG

RMS Regular
It's TypeTwo building it'd or himself.. Going to be some car for the school run lol

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Micheal mapped it himself mate

That's good, he's switched on so it wouldn't take him long to pick it up so fair play. With the dyno there and his own cars to map it's the best way to learn

Im sure he did a course on engine tuning before hand to get the basics?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.