Chevrolet Camaro: 6.2l V8 on Ulster's Roads

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
On the RMS Blog: In the world of four-cylinder diesels, of which Northern Ireland roads are overrun with, some American V8 muscle is definitely king.  Small boys stop on their bikes and give you the thumbs up, and old people bump into each other at the thunderous v8 firing past. And the driver, that would be me, grins until it hurts. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I had one of these for 3 days in LA after Hertz mucked up my Adrenaline booking (I was supposed to get a Challenger R/T) and this was the only thing they had left that was anyway similar (after being offered number V6 poverty specs).

I say one of these, it was a tad different. Convertible for a start (nice in the evenings, but too warm during the day to go without aircon) and also auto meaning the 400bhp L99 engine rather that the fullfat 429bhp LS3 here.

I must've had the California spec exhaust on ours, I thought it was very quiet on startup and idle. Even when pushing on, it was quieter than I'd hoped. It definitely needs more noise.

Even though it was a Challenger I wanted and I was initially disappointed, I gelled with our mini-NASCAR. When I go back to the states and if I end up with another, I'll definitely be happy with the keys to this in my pocket.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
This from waringstown direction? See it parked up every now and then, quite a sight to behold!

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
The good LS takes some beating. Hard to understand these cars when pitted against BMW M, AMG and Audi's RS range but whilst yank/aussie muscle might not have the refinement or performance of the others the character and lure of them is much stronger.
I really really wish I'd kept my VXR8 :worried:

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
The good LS takes some beating. Hard to understand these cars when pitted against BMW M, AMG and Audi's RS range but whilst yank/aussie muscle might not have the refinement or performance of the others the character and lure of them is much stronger.
I really really wish I'd kept my VXR8 :worried:
It's just two distinct marketplaces. Like Asian vs European. Chalk and cheese. So special on our roads though - people just wouldn't react the same way to an autobahn stormer.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
There is a yellow one I've seen a few times in the Larne area, ghastly looking thing imo. America can keep it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.