2010 VW Golf GTI

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

cbr600

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R
After taking the dubious decision to sell my beloved W8 Passat and not being able to find an RS4 Avant with the required combination of colour, spec and price I settled for this little gem. A one owner 2010 GTI with DSG gearbox and only 30k miles!

I already have a set of xenon headlights in the boot and a new Kenwood HeadUnit waiting in work to be installed!

Apologise for its condition, it travelled 350 miles today most of which was spent behind nearly every HGV travelling to Cairnryan! I'll post better pics when I get time to give it some tlc!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

cbr600

RMS Regular
OP
cbr600
Drives
Golf R
Lovely motor. The grey suits them really well.

Cloth or leather?
Cloth mate.

Looked at a red one in Lisburn with leather and better spec at the same money but double the miles!

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
how easy is it to fit the xenons?
Im going over today to pick one up in newcastle, you prob seen it on your search.

had a look at the one in lisburn too, no movement on price and miles as you say.

cbr600

RMS Regular
OP
cbr600
Drives
Golf R
how easy is it to fit the xenons?
Im going over today to pick one up in newcastle, you prob seen it on your search.

had a look at the one in lisburn too, no movement on price and miles as you say.
What colour is the one you're going for Pete?

The xenons seem to be plug and play, removing the bumper looks to be the hardest part of the whole job. If the weather holds over the weekend I'll have a go fitting them!

Last edited:

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
i got a red one, 59k full leather, 18" monzas and the RNS510 unit, basically the spec i wanted for the money.
there was the other one form Nottingham but they were arse holes to work with so i lost interest

interesting, although wouldnt be up there on the list of things to do to it lol

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Its the rear LED's which require coding I believe!

Lovely looking car. Fuelling set up is better on these than the MK5 if you start to tinker and modify (y)

cbr600

RMS Regular
OP
cbr600
Drives
Golf R
Its the rear LED's which require coding I believe!

Lovely looking car. Fuelling set up is better on these than the MK5 if you start to tinker and modify (y)
You have to do some form of coding for the headlights. The company I got them off sent me through instructions how to do it!

cbr600

RMS Regular
OP
cbr600
Drives
Golf R
Very nice mate. I thought the Passat was keeper?
So did I Steve! Was tempted with the possibility of upgrading to an RS4 Avant so sold it then couldn't find a suitable RS4!:sob:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.