Houston Takes Maiden Win at Croft Hillclimb

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Tony G

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Skoda
On the RMS Blog: Last Saturday the 16th April, Croft Hillclimb, Holywood, Co Down played host to Round 1 of the 2016 Millers Oils ANICC Hillclimb Championship, with Ulster’s hillclimbing fraternity producing a wide ranging entry of 69 cars of which 64 completed the course and posted a time.

This popular Thoroughbred Sports Car Club NI run event was again rewarded with fine weather and a local winner in the form of Bangor’s Christopher Houston, who also convincingly took his OMS CF04 to its maiden Championship counting win.

(Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Love the OMA Impreza cocking a wheel. Have to get back out to these events - TSCC put on a great day

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Craigantlet is on this Saturday btw! Looking forward to it!

PhilM

RMS Regular
You think? I much prefer Croft as you can dander up through it. Will still take a run up to craigantlet but im expecting it to be baltic this year!

my post couldn't have made less sense if I had tried.

Let me try that again,
At Croft it's virtually impossible for the drivers to see any of the event bar the view from the drivers seat due to the split paddock and a hike to the start line.

Craigantlet the paddock is after the startline and before the finish line so very much in the middle of things. It just seems more compact/accessible but your probably right it'll likely be cold and miserable on Saturday weather forecast isn't so good right now

Phil

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I think there were one or two photos somewhere on FB that popped up after it. There's also usually a couple of photographers dander about the events who sell photos from previous events.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.