19 year old man killed in New Year road crash

Ricky

RMS Regular
Man dies and three taken to hospital after early morning crash

Sad news - not even 12 hours into the new year and there has already been a death on NI’s roads.
It happened on the Moneysharvan Road near Maghera at about 2.30 this morning.

It was between two Audi cars, the 19 year old was the driver of one and then the female driver of the other Audi and two teenage passengers have been taken to hospital

Last edited:

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
Sad news theses young ones sadly have no experience my young girl same age. Yet no talking to them about the dangers on the roads

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Never good at anytime of year but always worse around Christmas/New Year.

RIP young man. Thoughts are with the others involved, will live with them forever.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Sad news theses young ones sadly have no experience my young girl same age. Yet no talking to them about the dangers on the roads

That's a little presumptuous?

Who's to say the woman wasn't the cause of the accident as opposed to the young man who lost his life?

It is a horrible thing to happen regardless of blame though and I'm sure the woman and passengers won't be the same either.

🙁

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
Not being presumptuous just saying all young people on the roads need to know how dangerous the roads are. Doesn’t matter who is to blame

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Not being presumptuous just saying all young people on the roads need to know how dangerous the roads are. Doesn’t matter who is to blame

If there is no blame, there can be no attempts at prevention, nobody can learn from the mistakes ( as is the norm it seems ). Blame is very important or others will fail to learn.
Lets face it, everything in this world is about blame these days.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
We were diverted around this earlier on way to Portrush. Very sad to hear, such a waste of a young life.