W210 E55 AMG - 5.4 V8 weekend bus!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

KevM

RMS Regular
I got this last Friday and keep meaning to put a few pics on here, but I've been too busy driving it!!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

It's a 2000 facelift 5.4 V8 na with room for me, the wife & two kids. It's had a gas conversion previously, so not too horrific to run either

It came with a serious portfolio of previous history and original AMG E55/C43 sales brochures.

I'm really enjoying driving it, quiet, roomy & comfortable, but goes mental when you put the toe in!

It needs a few minor bits tidied, bumper corners etc & an old broken mobile phone aerial, but everything else seems to work as it should.

Oh, and the exhaust needs a bit of modification... :grinning:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Haha love the phone :grinning:

My dad has an old Nokia built into the armrest of his 2000 M5 just like that one. I remember going and getting a 'M5' screen saver/wallpaper for it and getting it added to the phone, we thought it was amazing lol

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Oh yes, absolutely class! Surprisingly quick an all, before I really appreciated AMGs a mate took me out in his and was very impressed! I think that was a turning point for me actually!

Rust free arches going by them photos an all, bonus! :laughing:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Haha love the phone :grinning:

My dad has an old Nokia built into the armrest of his 2000 M5 just like that one. I remember going and getting a 'M5' screen saver/wallpaper for it and getting it added to the phone, we thought it was amazing lol

:eek: Remember getting car logos instead of the operator?? Brilliant! Those were the days.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
:eek: Remember getting car logos instead of the operator?? Brilliant! Those were the days.

Yeah I think it was sent via SMS? I can't remember how we used to do it but I remember thinking how absolutely class it was having a 'M5' phone in the car lol. I suspect the phone is still like that too, must check it next time I've it out a skelp.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yeah I think it was sent via SMS? I can't remember how we used to do it but I remember thinking how absolutely class it was having a 'M5' phone in the car lol. I suspect the phone is still like that too, must check it next time I've it out a skelp.

Yes, there were a couple of free websites that could do it. Fantastic bit of nostalgia there.

KevM

RMS Regular
OP
KevM
Yes @jonny_w , Iv been using it daily since I got it!

@G N K do it, you won't regret it :grinning: I bought this one pretty blind following a few photos and phone calls.

@gav525 the rear arches have very minor signs of corrosion under the paint and Iv a small spot on one door bottom. I'll be sorting that, as the rest is close to A1. It needs 3 bumper corners smart repaired and a shark fin fitted over the aerial stump.

Iv wanted another 2 seater for the weekends for a while now, but with 2 wee ones and a Mrs M, I thought it best to reconsider... This ticks a few boxes on the 'to do' list, I have always fancied a big V to waft about in. I have wanted an M5 for years, but couldn't pass this up as a great value alternative (for the older gent - lol). I like cars that are fairly hassle free. These are reported to be fairly bullet-proof if cared for, so hopefully she'll take no hurt!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.