Suzuki Revive the Baleno

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
On the RMS Blog: The Suzuki Baleno is a car that many will have heard of from years gone by, in fact some time ago when I started driving, the Baleno model was quite popular with those who wanted an affordable, reasonably easy to insure, good looking warm hatch with the kind of reliability only Japanese cars could provide back then.

Many young drivers would have added a set of larger alloy wheels, lowered their Baleno to aid handling as well as looks and to be fair I always thought they looked fabulous in three door hatch guise when styled right post factory. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Very popular here in India where Suzuki have 55% of the car market. One of the better looking ones here. Still pants.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
I had a blue one of the original version dropped on 17" CEC 129's. Car care centre in Lisburn used a picture of it in one of their adverts and I thought it was the dogs balls back then. Was a reliable wee motor though. Can still remember the reg. ALZ1013.

Last edited:

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
You know when people say your job must be awesome, getting to drive all those amazing cars and getting paid for it. You always think ha they don't know the half of it

Show them that car and they won't hate on you anymore lol what a disgusting car. Commiserations @Graham having to drive that horrid thing.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
The Vitara and Swift are great cars. I can't understand how they got this so wrong.
Not the only thing they're mucking up, apparently you can't get a new swift in auto now either, they dropped it for no good reason. My dad's getting a new car shortly when the three years on his swift is up, wanted another but needs auto, they told to him there's a slightly bigger model coming that has auto option.

If it's one of these, he might just keep the cutesy wee white swift. Except they'll want the price of a new one to buy it out. Hate modern car deals.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Saw one on the road this morning. Didn't find it particularly offensive tbh.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
For a small family hatch it's not the worst tbh just wouldn't appeal to the youngsters like the original did in the day... But then again the three years free insurance was another big pull for the first bale no here

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Never had an original Baleno but remember wanting to buy one when they came out, then ended up going down the Honda road. Always thought they were a well specced and chunky looking little hatch, looked great with the optional bodykit and dropped with a set of bigger wheels filling the arches. The new one unfortunately seems a lot more bland and forgettable.

used-suzuki-baleno-13159978711146.jpg

suzuki-baleno-hatchback-1-8-gsr-3dr-1955019624-640x480.jpg

r02r9v.jpg

Think TheDaniel on here had a modded one?

3ZNyoxv5.jpg

Gaz86

RMS Regular
I actually really liked the Mk1 Baleno back in the day. Fella I used to go to school with had a pretty modded one with a custom bodykit, cams, stupidly loud exhaust etc on. Think he wrote it off though.

Can't see anything like that ever happening with this. Then again, maybe that's not a bad thing lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.