The Two Port Porker 944's

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
Drives
335i MT Touring
What happens when your best mate hunts the country for a 944, finds one he's happy with, buys it, to have someone get back to him about another identical car requiring work?

He buys it and offers it to you so that you and him could sail about listening to Duran Duran in luxury electric tombstones in a posh 944 convoy.

Well, that's the plan.

1989 Porsche 944 2.7 in black with ivory half leather, electric at that.

The car requires a good bit of work, and I'm working away from home at the moment, but luckily for me, said best friend has already sealed the deal, collected and inspected the car and delivered it to another friend who has already started the turn around on it.

And whilst I've been getting charged 2 quid a day for shockingly poor quality internet whilst on the continent, I have been able to source the majority of the parts required to make this 944 naughty again!

Credit to @BarryPort

Do you like pina coladas......

IMG-20161031-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20161031-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20161031-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20161031-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20161107-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20161107-WA0012.jpg
received_10153880499700684.jpeg
received_10153880499695684.jpeg
received_10153881849065684.jpeg

And that's all I got so far.... the car was lifted on Monday, and today is only Wednesday so that's not too bad for not being in the same country as it!

New wing, bumper, headlight and ancillaries, indicator, driving light, clear side repeaters, lowering springs and a dab hand at bodywork already organised.

Last edited:

seanmooney

RMS Regular
Ive been looking at these recently.. cool car but for me I'd have to have the turbo front bumper on it.

Will be keeping an eye on this. (y)

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
Doing it on my f phone and it went bonkers lol, gonna try edit it now lol

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Ive been looking at these recently.. cool car but for me I'd have to have the turbo front bumper on it.

Unfortunately it's not as simple as a bumper swap. Wings/bumper/badge panel/headlight covers need swapped out and with S2/Turbo wings going for £300+ each for scabby damaged ones it can be a costly swap.

Looking good mate, some progress!
I took mine to climb Slieve Donard yesterday, stayed in the hotel itself then finished off the getaway with Mrs Port by taking the Antrim coast road home.
I was living the winter of '89!

20161108_084148.jpg

20161109_084220.jpg

20161109_111735.jpg

Last edited:

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring

I hear you!

Gonna focus on getting it legal and respectable first before I tinker or spend money I don't have to! Spilts, coilovers, turbo front and rear, clear rear lenses and fancy short****ter are all non essentials at this point

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Looks like a good project to keep you busy and a tidy car bar the damage.

I like seeing photos of 80's and 90's cars with backdrops like that and no other modern vehicles about, makes it seem like the photo was taken back in the day (y)

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
Can anybody tell me if I can move my plate, L3VUS onto a 1989 car? I know on the Lexus it is supposed to look like Lexus but it also represents my stepdaughters name

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
May aswel keep the 2 cars to the one thread.

• Fitted stretched tyres on the staggered 928 slots
• Fitted 31mm spacers on the front & 43mm on the rear
• Attempted to mirror polished the wheels but will most likely powder coat them in Spring
• Spare key blank sourced, cut & wee gay key ring to match the leather bought
• Rear wiper delete
• Clear indicators

It's off the the body shop for new wings & rear quarter in the morning. After seeing how well it could look any hesitation to not shell out on coilovers has disappeared so my next update should see it dropped a good 2".
A Dansk exhaust was ordered but hadn't arrived yet.
That's it from me!

20161115_154932.jpg

20161115_154816.jpg

20161115_160133.jpg

Last edited:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
May aswel keep the 2 cars to the one thread.

• Fitted stretched tyres on the staggered 928 slots
• Fitted 31mm spacers on the front & 43mm on the rear
• Attempted to mirror polished the wheels but will most likely powder coat them in Spring
• Spare key black sourced, cut & wee gay key ring to match the leather bought
• Rear wiper delete
• Clear indicators

It's off the the body shop for new wings & rear quarter in the morning. After seeing how well it could look any hesitation to not shell out on coilovers has disappeared so my next update should see it dropped a good 2".
A Dansk exhaust was ordered but hadn't arrived yet.
That's it from me!

Good set of plans there Barry should look awesome!

944_ne11.jpg

944_ne12.jpg

:cool::cool::cool:

Chris

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Funny you should share those pics, I have that guy on Instagram & he doesn't like me using his pics as inspiration. Touchy!

P.S Ive ordered those wheels too but the seller is dragging their heals. Not sure if they will even fit under my non-turbo arches.

Oh really, I just typed in lowered 944's for an idea of what it would look like on coils ... have to say he's nailed it ... the splits just finish it off.

Cant wait to see how it ends up ....

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
So aye, Barry's is looking real well on the wheels with the spacers fitted... took his a wee drive today to get a feel for how they drive and I'm in love.

My parts still haven't arrived yet, Barry also sorted me with a cool key and ring.

I ordered us both a set of mats with boot carpet and Mann oil filters. The two of us have boot struts arriving too, would this be the first car made with electric operated self opening boot??

The guy who is putting mine together has started buffing it already and the finish is coming out good, only got a crap phone pic though... the sooner the parts arrive the better!
IMAG1811.jpg

IMAG1810.jpg

IMAG1809.jpg

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Class, always fancied a 944 and looked at a few around 15 years ago but could only find autos or mingers for some reason. Then I bought a few alfas..