image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
OK as some of you will know I am into quick old VWs so after going as far as I wanted with my white streetcar bug I decided it was time for a dedicated Drag car without the restrictions of a streetcar . So I found an ex turbo race car rolling shell and floor pan , it was available with the turbo motor and box but I'd no interest in that as I always wanted to build it as a screaming Gasser bug on 48 IDA carbs and give it a shot of nitrous for good measure . The body has been fully restored then cut to the bare bones and single skinned everywhere for lightness. It was painted in Subaru blue when I got it but I always had a plan in my head for it and it was only every going to be candy red metalflake with a gold flake gold rollcage . My good mate Matt Donnelly who also races a bug with us took on the mammoth task of flaking everything in Tropical Glitz Strawberry Daiquiri and Gold Nugget and he nailed it. The flake absolutely goes mad and pops and dances in the sun .

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Why does it have a mammoth exhaust out the back .is there a reason for this or is it just because You can.such an awesome colour ,looks stunning .what engine is in this then ??

56oval

RMS Regular
Why does it have a mammoth exhaust out the back .is there a reason for this or is it just because You can.such an awesome colour ,looks stunning .what engine is in this then ??

Csp jpm " Wasp " system. Fully tuned length exhaust designed to work with a particular cylinder head and cam combination.

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
OP
Neil@rockvale
Incredible. Yes any times and vids?

Unfortunately I broke the gearbox on the first run and lost first gear so had to launch in 2nd gear all weekend which meant it spluttered a little everytime until it came on cam even with the launch control set at 7400rpm . We still managed a 12.0 @114mph with 3 gears which I'm over the moon with so with a first gear we should see it in the 11s easy enough . The goal is to chase a high 11 without the NOS. Then low 11 with the gas . Gearbox is enroute to England at the minute to be fixed and should be back midweek so I can get it in and get to race at @56oval 's big drag day event at enniskillen next weekend .

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
That is the coolest thing I've seen ... fair play Neil looks fantastic, must love your hobby now lol

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
you know my thoughts already. Fantastic lookin yoke and clearly good going too. Can't wait to see her back to full health and getting down into the 11's.

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
Looks awesome, and from the sounds of if will hit your goals easy enough.

With launch at 7400 what does the thing actually rev too! Must sound great.

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
OP
Neil@rockvale
Looks awesome, and from the sounds of if will hit your goals easy enough.

With launch at 7400 what does the thing actually rev too! Must sound great.

Andy my rev limiter is usually set to around 7800k but was only launching at 7400k as I'd no first gear and was trying to keep the revs up once it bogged when trying to launch in 2nd .