Subaru Levorg Facelifted for 2017

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
See the blog feature on this -Subaru are widely regarded as one of the best brands on the market to cope with a 'country lifestyle', as such you could likely count on just one hand the number of estates or farms throughout the country that don't have one in the yard and we recently travelled to the Cotswold area for the launch and first drives of the 2017 Levorg. Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

Dave..

RMS Regular
Apart from the good boot that is a sh1t looking car (maybe not the STI) +o(+o(

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I just can't get past the name. 'Legacy' or 'Impreza' sounded grandiose. Levorg... I just don't get it.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Have to agree with @Cooper re the name though something was maybe lost in translation.

I'm going to disagree with @David.S re the looks though. I quite like it and I know the pervious version looked better in the metal that photos so will probably like it even more when I see one.

Edit: just Googled it and got this as an answer - According to Subaru, the name Levorg is a portmanteau of three words, LEgacy, reVOlution, touRinG.

Seems a bit if a stretch to me.

Last edited:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Does it still only come with the tiny engine?

They are lovely driving cars but the engine is too small for a estate car. Put 5 people in it and a boot full of luggage and your not going anywhere fast and you'll use plenty of fuel while going slow.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Great box for cruising, not so much once in mcrae mode

The annoying part is, Subaru know how to make a decent manual, so why not? I've never driven anything that depresses me as much as cvt. If that't the future i'll stick to the past tbh.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
The annoying part is, Subaru know how to make a decent manual, so why not? I've never driven anything that depresses me as much as cvt. If that't the future i'll stick to the past tbh.
Because there is a limited market for manual, the mass market do like the auto and ig thats what makes the money, why bother with anything else.

I could live with cvt in the levorg, drive a cvt brz though and it was not inspiring at all - that said, for someone doing 30k a year and they want a sports coupe I guess it fits the bill.

I certainly wouldn't want a manual if doing that miles per year

DavidY

RMS Regular
Drives
his wife mad.
Considered one of these instead of the M5 when they were first visualised. They looked better in the concept if i remember correctly.

Then I noticed the engine and laughed my tits off.

What the heck! Get the WRX STI drivetrain in it and be done already. I would have considered buying one then.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.