1972 mitsubishi colt galant

stuarty7

RMS Regular
Drives
accord type s
So after years of wanting a retro jap car I've finally got something Ive always wanted. Some of you I'm sure have seen it before either at shows or for sale. I had a list of four unusual cars that ticked my boxes
Gen 1 Celica GT liftback
70S Carina Gt
Mazda Rx3
Mitsubishi colt galant
All very rare and unusual on our roads, the celica liftback is my favourite but easily out of my budget being mid 20s for the condition I would want.

Long story short this car came up for sale so I went and seen it twice and done the deal. Interior is in great shape bar needed new carpet, the underneath is also in fantastic shape. What the photos don't show is paint is very poor it was repainted pearl white in Japan which looks like a DIY job with some flaking/chips/runs etc. The car is crying out for a full respray new red graphics and lowered a bit more which basically are my plans between now and next summer. Thankfully the seller was understanding and I bought the car for alot less than the unrealistic asking price

KevM

RMS Regular
Seen that advertised and then on a transporter on the carriageway one day. Really rare retro-coolness. šŸ˜Ž

My dad was a mechanic for Colt back in the day & we had a clinker of a Celeste for a few years but the eejit lost interest and sold it

micko

RMS Regular
Drives
B6 A4 / E30 320i
Lovely - great choice. As said, great to see something so rare.

What engine is it?

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
I've never seen one of those before and I've a real thing for old jap cars (Old cars in general tbh). That looks absolutely superb! One for the wishlist for sure.

stuarty7

RMS Regular
OP
stuarty7
Drives
accord type s
Really appreciate all the positive comments guys, I will do my best to keep this thread updated with all aspects of the project.

My aim at the moment is to rectify alot of the smaller issues with the car such as

Horn doesn't work
Steering wheel paint is bad
Gear stick/tunnel rubber seal needed
New carb
Some engine hoses need replaced
New custom carpet and floor mats (not by me)
Brake lights flicker
Remove extra gauges and clean up wiring
Grill to be professionally repainted.

I'm sure there's more but the list above should keep me busy over the coming weeks