1972 mitsubishi colt galant

stuarty7

RMS Regular
OP
stuarty7
Drives
accord type s
Lovely - great choice. As said, great to see something so rare.

What engine is it?

It's just a 1.6 5 speed, the 70-73 model from what I've read only came with the 1.6. From 74 on they had 1.7 & 2.0 options as well

stuarty7

RMS Regular
OP
stuarty7
Drives
accord type s
Oh man i love it mate. Will it be at jcc??

No unfortunately not there's just to many things I would rather fix/change/improve before putting it on display but your welcome to take a blast down the Ards peninsula and see it if you like.

RevT

RMS Regular
One or my favourite cars on here now, cracking looking wee thing. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
That is epic !
Remember seeing it for sale thinking I’d love to own that
Feck the golf R’s ...that’s a proper looking car 😍😍😍

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
No unfortunately not there's just to many things I would rather fix/change/improve before putting it on display but your welcome to take a blast down the Ards peninsula and see it if you like.
Thanks dude. What engine do they run. Really is proper hard looking motor

stuarty7

RMS Regular
OP
stuarty7
Drives
accord type s
Thanks dude. What engine do they run. Really is proper hard looking motor

1.6 single cam single carb that was the only option from 70-73, not loads of power but perfect for cruising. That's not to say the thought of fitting a beams engine hasn't crossed my mind lol

Last edited:

lalalupo

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 VW Golf R
That's a lovely bit of kit. Very vety clean.

Wouldn't fancy shimmying across those front seats. That shifter could go nice and deep like.....

stuarty7

RMS Regular
OP
stuarty7
Drives
accord type s
So since getting the car I've been trying to hammer through some of the issues I previously mentioned. I started with removing any no longer required electrical components and wiring. This included the gauges, Old CD player, 12v multiplug, lpg wiring and some of the Japanese alarm as ollie will be fitting the new Toad system

Gauges mounted in the passenger footwell.

Cigarette lighter missing so ordered a complete unit

New carb and manuel choke fitted, heat wrap removed from the mild steel tubular manifold which is why it looks so bad in the pictures

Last edited:

stuarty7

RMS Regular
OP
stuarty7
Drives
accord type s
OK looking a few opinions regarding the amount of colours on the car which I'm not to keen on,
Basically it's a white car with red decals, gold wheels, yellow driving lights, Amber indactors and a blue grill emblem which for me is just to much I fell its to busy?? So far the only simple fix is to change the blue in the grill emblem to red.
Few snaps of the car in the driveway

Also you may notice the front grill is missing. It was gloss back and I've already left it with the painter to be professionally painted.

Last edited:

stuarty7

RMS Regular
OP
stuarty7
Drives
accord type s
Another small issue that was surprising in the amount of road noise it let's in, a some what lack of any gaitor was left so a little cutting to a brand new Volvo Amazon gaitor solved the problem.

As previously mentioned the horn doesn't work and after checking the fuse first, testing the two horns and the horn button the fault must be wiring related so while it's all apart I wanted to address the tatty paint work on the steering wheel.

After some sanding, rust treatment, more sanding, primer and some matt black paint.

stuarty7

RMS Regular
OP
stuarty7
Drives
accord type s
Is that Volvo amazon for sale atm? @Tommy was looking at one very similar
Yes it is indeed don't have the space for both unfortunately so the volvo has to go. Its advertised on fb marketplace, gumtree and done deal if he wants more information on it

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I like the whole look as it is... The stripe, the gold wheels and so on.

Also just wondering, do the rear quarter lights wind right down?