1972 mitsubishi colt galant

stuarty7

RMS Regular
OP
stuarty7
Drives
accord type s
What's your guys thoughts on these rear side marker lights, theres no wiring for them and theres just a blank put in. Do you think I should make them functional with the indactors?

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
If they are meant to be there id be getting them working but then again you would think the wiring would be there.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
I'd wire them up as corner marker lights with the side lights as I'm fairly certain that's what they are meant to be. Would look cool as indicators too though

stuarty7

RMS Regular
OP
stuarty7
Drives
accord type s
Small update basically been sorting lots of small silly issues including the horn which turned out to be a faulty relay. Slowly working out the electrical system on the car as there's no wiring diagram to be found for them. In the last two weeks I've ordered
Replacement relay
All new led replacement bulbs
Grommets
Fuel filter with mounting bracket
Bulb holders
Brake pads
Door solenoids
Toad alarm.

Also been removing 47 years worth of additional wiring that either wasn't needed, wasn't even connected or was connected and in some cases live but going nowhere. Hard to believe I removed all of the this from the car that served no purpose and theres still more to come.
IMG_20190716_220041.jpg

stuarty7

RMS Regular
OP
stuarty7
Drives
accord type s
Not sure if had mentioned before but the car had also been converted to run on lpg at some stage in life. The previous owner had disconnected it but never removed it so I set about removing all the associated electronics, wiring, piping and of the course the tank which was actually really heavy
IMG_20190714_221053.jpg

IMG_20190710_204135.jpg

IMG_20190710_204147.jpg

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
A neighbour of mine had an old Mitsubishi but I don’t think it was a Colt. This is the only photo I have (ripped from Facebook from ten years ago!)

C526EFB6-FC53-4525-8E1A-9F1978378150.jpeg

stuarty7

RMS Regular
OP
stuarty7
Drives
accord type s
Sorry this has not been updated in a long time. I hadnt touched the car for a few months after which it went to a place to have some small holes repaired. There they found a couple of poor repair patchs so i decided to bring it home and strip the interior/old sound deadening and the engine/gearbox once i resolve the number of issues and changes im planning for the engine bay.

stuarty7

RMS Regular
OP
stuarty7
Drives
accord type s
So something i really wanted for the car was flared arches, i know alot of people will think im mad for cutting the arches but the rears arent as good as they look. The reason i want them for the car to me it just looks to skinny and soft plus i dont like how the wheels currently sit on the car, the colt galant gto gsr which is the rarest model actually came with flared arches from factory so i went on a hunt for a genuine set that are a direct fit to the car. The last 6 months spent searching and finally found a set for sale in Japan and bought them as quickly as i could. Few photos of one held on with taoe to give you idea
IMG_20200304_121826.jpg
IMG_20200304_121826.jpg
IMG_20200304_121729.jpg
IMG_20200304_121834.jpg
IMG_20200304_121738.jpg
IMG_20200304_121743.jpg

stuarty7

RMS Regular
OP
stuarty7
Drives
accord type s
As i had mentioned before i didnt like how busy the car was in regards to colours. Ive been thinking alot on a suitable colour for the car as the engine will be out very soon and the bay will be painted first.

Must complement/tie in with the gold wheels/yellow headlights
Also look nice against chrome and also black
Most importantly it must have classic jdm era look

The only colour i feel fits the criteria and my taste is this colour Nissan millenium jade. Both cars are millenium jade just not sure if the Dutsun is a different shade/lights/camera editing?
As always any opinions or suggestions are welcome
yvf397fqg2431.jpg

Screenshot_20200521_233812.jpg

Last edited:

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I like what you're doing with the arches, especially with them being GTO they really suit it. No idea about colour but I always think of the old Galant GTO being white so I'm kind of stuck on white. The jade does look good too.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Sorry but that colour does nothing for me on the Skyline, the Datsun looks less poo. For me I'd go complete opposite and either stick with white or something like this keeping brighter..

hqdefault.jpg

stuarty7

RMS Regular
OP
stuarty7
Drives
accord type s
I like what you're doing with the arches, especially with them being GTO they really suit it. No idea about colour but I always think of the old Galant GTO being white so I'm kind of stuck on white. The jade does look good too.

Yea i feel it really needs the arches to beef it up a bit as the car is actually very small and narrow so they help it alot. I do like white just hate the look of chrome against white which is my main reason for an alternative colour

Sorry but that colour does nothing for me on the Skyline, the Datsun looks less poo. For me I'd go complete opposite and either stick with white or something like this keeping brighter..

hqdefault.jpg

In some ways i do agree with the colour looking like a dodgy toilet visit 🤣 that orange/red i think is actually a rare factory colour but im weird i dont like bright flashly colours, i can appreciate how well they can look on cars but i personally wouldnt want it. I normally float round black/grey/silver yes im boring lol.

Tho back in the day i was very jealous of your yellow dc2 that car was perfect 👌

slammed dub

RMS Regular
Drives
76 celica & 325i
Cant wait till see this on the road. Unsure on that skyline colour but think your heading the right way with it in regards to style. Will be an epic motor regardless 👍

Paul.

RMS Regular
If you're thinking of going down the range of Skyline colours, might I make another suggestion along very similar lines? The car in front is Millennium Jade, the one behind is Silica Breath (or Silica Brass - controversial which is correct). Silica Breath was exclusive to the M-Spec and M-Spec Nür cars, meaning somewhere around 130 examples exist. I'm not sure how many Millennium Jade cars were built.

6IKS6L.jpg

MarkM

RMS Regular
If you're thinking of going down the range of Skyline colours, might I make another suggestion along very similar lines? The car in front is Millennium Jade, the one behind is Silica Breath (or Silica Brass - controversial which is correct). Silica Breath was exclusive to the M-Spec and M-Spec Nür cars, meaning somewhere around 130 examples exist. I'm not sure how many Millennium Jade cars were built.

6IKS6L.jpg

It’s still gold whatever way you butter it up! +o(

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I can’t believe this thread is almost a year old and today is the first I have seen it.
I think your car is just epically cool.

as for colours, what about keeping it white but have the decals black instead of red.
the grill is black, the new overfenders are black and the gold wheels look really cool as they are so even though I really do like the red black may be a simple effective change?