Trackskills Track Day This Sunday!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

V8

RMS Regular
Cars coming to the next track day, as of 12th May 2017.

• Kirkistown Fiesta
• MX5
• Toyota MR2
• Golf Tdi
• Clio Cup Van!
• Porsche GT3
• Mitsubishi Evo
• Ford Sierra
• BMW M3
• Impreza
• Clio
• Honda Civic Type R
• Grandturisimo
• Prelude
• Corsa 1400
• Lotus Elan

Marc

RMS Moderator
Add a Lotus Evora to that list @V8

Anyone else heading down? Myself @Marc and @Coog will be down. Flip who's looking after RMS at this rate.

Looks like I'm out again ffs... car has been running great the past 2 week, got a wheel alignment done this morning, got all my **** ready and took it out a run and getting this error ... now where is that E46 problems thread...

IMG_1505.JPG
IMG_1507.JPG
IMG_1519.JPG

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
IMG_9653.JPG
What a great day out. Superb weather, no big queues so an abundance of track time, well run as always and a convoy of Supercars to nosey at over lunch. Brilliant.

The Lotus remained shiny side up although it really was a learning day. A mid engined car is certainly not something I'm accustomed to but what began with beginners frustration turned into more enjoyment after every lap.

Oh and it seems that sport mode allows for some slip angle; traction control was still on despite requiring more than a 'dab of oppo' on fishermans.

It's been a long time since I was at Kirkistown and at a Trackskills event and instantly hooked (again)!

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I was down at this as well today with a friend in his mk2 Golf TDI. We'd a fantastic day even though we had to cool off every few laps as the Golf kept overheating. Got home to find my face had been overheating too from a good dose of Kirkistown burn!

Your Evora is amazing @Cooper. We were behind you for a lap or two, although really struggled to keep up, but caught a little bit of your fun round Fishermans on the camera lol

We followed the GT3 for a bit as well before having to take a breather to cool the temps.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I was down at this as well today with a friend in his mk2 Golf TDI. We'd a fantastic day even though we had to cool off every few laps as the Golf kept overheating. Got home to find my face had been overheating too from a good dose of Kirkistown burn!

Your Evora is amazing @Cooper. We were behind you for a lap or two, although really struggled to keep up, but caught a little bit of your fun round Fishermans on the camera lol

We followed the GT3 for a bit as well before having to take a breather to cool the temps.

Your obviously in a well sorted golf there but does the driver of the 911 not need to take up polo or something as a golf should not be all over the back of them.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Your obviously in a well sorted golf there but does the driver of the 911 not need to take up polo or something as a golf should not be all over the back of them.

That GT3 wasnt moving anywhere near 100% of what it's capable of, but it's still just fun to chase something like that, especially as a 26yr old Golf with an old vag diesel engine shouldn't really be over the back of most stuff :p

thornracing

RMS Photographer
Drives
accent
Full 360 Degree Videos below, not sure how they open in here but on facebook you can click on HD, turn and zoom in and out

Andrew Coopers Lotus

Allens MK2 MX5 Supercharged

Rooth Cousins in the East Engineering rented MX5

Last edited:

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira

That is one very quick derv! Great fun. From reading online I really should have been on top of my tyre pressures to combat understeer which would have cut down my slewing about but sure it was fun!

V8

RMS Regular
OP
V8
On the RMS Blog: Sunday 14th May was a day of two extremes at Kirkistown. Following only three weeks after the last Trackskills track day and landing on the North West weekend, numbers were somewhat lower than usual.

However, from an activity point of view, the planned arrival of the Jacob's Supercars cavalcade was a great success. Spectators arrived in hundreds and the queue at the café was right out (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

barry1783

RMS Regular
That evora does look fabulous, I was there in the grey MR2, anyone have any photos of it in action??

jordan 375

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
Anyone know who the usual photographers are for this? I was down in my dc5 and a mate in his fd2 civic, we had a few good battles with Harry's grey ep3

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.