1978 Honda Express NC50

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
Drives
Old VWs
This time about 2 weeks ago I had no idea what a Honda express was or that I even needed one in my life...

Yet here we are, a few ebay clicks and some help from Aidy the van later I'm the owner of one!

Behold, 50cc of retro canary yellow goodness! (Pic is from the advert for now, will add more of my own later)
Screenshot_20220305-211945_eBay.jpg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Lol I feel wick on a Vespa!

Is that cycling pedals on it? Love it 😂

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
It was the pc50 had pedals you could pedal had to google the model name but remember them existing.

Cool wee thing to fiddle with.

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineJetta
Drives
Old VWs
It was the pc50 had pedals you could pedal had to google the model name but remember them existing.

Cool wee thing to fiddle with.
My thoughts exactly. I'll restore and rebuild it with no need for a garage, which I don't have..

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Very cool, i love it. The engine looks similar to the one in my daughters Honda QR50, hopefully there's a bit more go in yours :joy:.

Give me a shout if you ever decide to part with it.

Ollie

RMS Regular
I learnt to ride on one of these. Actually still have it. Interesting starting mechanism on them.

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineJetta
Drives
Old VWs
Interesting, easy and very quirky way to start it but I bloody love it!

Got it for a good price and with the prices of fuel its actually been a wise purchase. I think lol

I think think may be right about the QR50 sharing the same engine. I've only had it around the local streets for now and its not gonna blow the cobwebs off anytime soon but damn, the smiles per gallon are high!!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Haha, that is brilliant, love it! There's a lot of love for the wee mopeds, especially the retro ones like that!

What's top speed, 30 odd?

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineJetta
Drives
Old VWs
Haha, that is brilliant, love it! There's a lot of love for the wee mopeds, especially the retro ones like that!

What's top speed, 30 odd?
No idea, around the local streets I was only reaching around 25.

Few cheap wee mods will see them do 40.

• Cut open the exhaust, gut it out and modify.
• 18 or 20mm carb
• Bore it out to 60 or 70cc

Had a bit of a fiddle with the carb and I learnt what a carburetor float needle does today, or should I say, what it doesn't do when it's not working... anyway, that's a fuel leak sorted and carb all cleaned up 👍🏻 lol

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineJetta
Drives
Old VWs
Give it a bit of a clean and irs safe to say I'd rather clean 2 cars than one bike.. utter nightmare! Anyway, she's far from perfect but she's in decent nick for being 44 years old.
20220316_152231.jpg
20220316_152034.jpg