ReallyMeanSaab 9-5 Hot Aero

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

c_rad

RMS Regular
After asking the RMS massive for opinions on how to spend 5k, In classic fashion, I went and bought something completely different so what I had originally set out for.
A mate of mine is big into his Saabs and constantly pesters me about getting on the bandwagon.
He messaged me last week with one close by me, I went to see it, a deal was done and that was that!
It was the discretion with which this car will operate with which attracted me to it. I also saved over 2k compared with what I was looking to spend so it made good financial sense also... Not often that happens!

Anyway.

On to the car. 2008 Saab 9-5 Hot Aero with Manual gearbox which is rare enough as most seem to be automatic.
260bhp, Fwd and comfy as hell.
87k on the clock and nearly a full years ticket.
Car is in amazing condition and has a full service history and wads of receipts for any work or parts fitted.
Full electric pack including, electric memory seats which are heated and air conditioned ( love this feature )
Xenons
Dual zone climate control
Carbon lip
Carbon Aero badges
Carbon rear spolier
Rear parking sensors
Fully polybushed underneath also

All in all, it is the comedy of 3rd gear and how this thing manages to keep pulling hard all the way to the redline which impresses. 1st/2nd gear are useless in anything other than dry conditions.
It has a almost restrained lunacy about it which I love! Its even managed to return 23mpg with me enjoying a lot of boost over the past few days so really impressed with that too. Already thinking of going straight to stage 3 with it as it is fairly handy done and the torque then would be quite funny.
One tiny dent in the rear arch and one on the door and it'll be sitting near perfect.

All that is left to it is show the pictures, My reg will be going on it as soon as the V5 arrives back in my name. It will tidy it up a little too I think.

IMG_20170517_211328.jpg
IMG_20170517_211344.jpg
IMG_20170518_195139.jpg
IMG_20170518_195158.jpg
IMG_20170518_195217.jpg

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Saabshed international motor show!

Still staggered by the Saab love on RMS. They get a lot of compliments including the family and neighbours so it was refreshing to hear a work colleague say to me recently "what the f**k are you doing driving that". That was more expected lol.

These petrol turbos seem to map so well!

c_rad

RMS Regular
OP
c_rad
Saabshed international motor show!

Still staggered by the Saab love on RMS. They get a lot of compliments including the family and neighbours so it was refreshing to hear a work colleague say to me recently "what the f**k are you doing driving that". That was more expected lol.

These petrol turbos seem to map so well!

Have yet to receive a negative comment on this one yet, Thought I would have received a lot of stick from family members but they all love the Saab!

Looks great. Must get a spin sometime. Lovely big machines, quick and reliable too.

Sure let me know Simon, I'm usually about work lol!

c_rad

RMS Regular
OP
c_rad
Brand new Toyo Sports fitted to the front to aid traction, not a chirp in the dry with much, much reduced traction issues in the wet. Many thanks to Ivan Kerr tyres for the excellent service!

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
That's pretty tasty. Nice colour too. It must surprise a few people who don't realise what sort of power it has.

I still can't warm to the chrome surrounding the headlights though.

c_rad

RMS Regular
OP
c_rad
That's pretty tasty. Nice colour too. It must surprise a few people who don't realise what sort of power it has.

I still can't warm to the chrome surrounding the headlights though.

It has surprised a few already which has been properly funny. Originally the plan was to paint the chrome surrounds matt or gloss black, but for some strange reason I have warmed to the chrome surround.... No idea why! Lol

A6Avant

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Avant
Second getting it noobtune. I sent my ecu to him on a Tues morning and it was back to me 10am Thursday. Stage 1 map for £85.

Car is transformed, torque steer is hilarious.

Tell me more of this map for £85! Who and where??

Awesome motor by the way. A real sleeper and would be sure to catch many unawares. Health to enjoy

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Tell me more of this map for £85! Who and where??

Awesome motor by the way. A real sleeper and would be sure to catch many unawares. Health to enjoy
http://noobtune.co.uk, he only maps petrol saabs with a particular type of ecu. It's from 2002 onwards (for 9-3's anyway) I think. His website will tell you.

From the many forum threads he is the go to man. My aero was 210hp stock and with his map is now about 250/260hp. That's his stage 1. Downpipe and intercooler is required for his stage 3 and then turbos etc.

Mine is an auto so he increased the torque alot for me, there are limits on the manual box and on the 9-3 the stock turbo runs out of puff about 280hp.

c_rad

RMS Regular
OP
c_rad
Th
http://noobtune.co.uk, he only maps petrol saabs with a particular type of ecu. It's from 2002 onwards (for 9-3's anyway) I think. His website will tell you.

From the many forum threads he is the go to man. My aero was 210hp stock and with his map is now about 250/260hp. That's his stage 1. Downpipe and intercooler is required for his stage 3 and then turbos etc.

Mine is an auto so he increased the torque alot for me, there are limits on the manual box and on the 9-3 the stock turbo runs out of puff about 280hp.

The plan for me is to go straight to stage 3, Just need to source a 3 " downpipe. Or anyone capable of making one?
The torque is great, it is really is a great engine. Doesn't seem to run out of puff even at high revs, If anything mine pulls harder!

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Love it health to drive!

Mine has a stage one Noobtune and although I cant really comment on the difference from standard, I can confirm that its pretty sharp with 275bhp. Im not going any further though. I have read that the B235r is slightly weaker than the older engine and cant cope with much more than 300bhp. The amount of torque can also pull 5th gear to bits.

c_rad

RMS Regular
OP
c_rad
Love it health to drive!

Mine has a stage one Noobtune and although I cant really comment on the difference from standard, I can confirm that its pretty sharp with 275bhp. Im not going any further though. I have read that the B235r is slightly weaker than the older engine and cant cope with much more than 300bhp. The amount of torque can also pull 5th gear to bits.

My mate who has gotten me in to Saabs has said that around 300bhp is grand, but after that, bigger turbo and forged internals are a much safer bet.
Not sure if I wish to go that far. Just fancy doing something to up the power a smidge lol.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.