1979 Volkswagen Transporter T2 - Spares or Repair

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Marceliamous

RMS Member
Drives
Clio, MX5
I might be in completely the wrong category for this, if I am just give me a shout!

1979 Volkswagen Transporter Type 2 in need of restoration, or a good source of spares.

It was purchased as a project around 10 years ago but time and a broken welder got in the way, so it has been untouched in a shed since then. Selling it as we'll realistically never get round to restoring it and need the space.

- The bodywork is rough but replacement panels were bought for some of the worst areas.
- There is no engine, but the gearbox is there.
- The sliding door (left-hand side) is missing.
- Chassis is in good condition, no major corrosion that I can see.
- Selling with two roofs, a high top and a pop top. The high top isn't in bad condition and the pop top needs some welding around the guttering and one latch repaired, but is in fair condition otherwise
- All windows including the windscreen are present and undamaged with the possible exception of the front driver's side window, however it's most likely in another shed.
- Original interior is there, some of it may be salvagable.
- Passenger side front door is in need of welding, driver's side is in better condition.
- It has been registered in the past but not in our ownership and we have no paperwork or documents for it, only the number plate.

Overall, it's a big job but it is doable for someone with more time and experience. Alternatively, there are plenty of parts that could be used as spares.

Due to the fact that we need the space, I'm not selling it in bits, except for maybe the roofs. I'd like to see it all go at once so make me an offer for the lot.

Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks!

P1030524.JPG
P1030525.JPG
P1030537.JPG
P1030538.JPG
P1030540.JPG
P1030543.JPG
P1030547.JPG
P1030525.JPG
P1030550.JPG
P1030536.JPG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.