Range Rover Evoque Soft Top: Beauty or Beast?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
See the blog feature on this - The Range Rover Evoque has been around for a while now and is an incredibly popular and good looking compact SUV, although when an announcement was made that they were planning a convertible model - eyebrows raised.

If someone suggests a soft top 4×4 you would instantly thing Suzuki Jimny or Jeep Wrangler - few people in their right mind would ever mutter the words Range Rover or Land Rover, Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
xRange-Rover-Evoque-12v-Twin-Motor-Electric-Car_1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.8z_HLNaolD.jpg

I like them tho, they look good in the flesh

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Could see the attraction for places with sunnier climates....not so much in NI. You will just get branded a t**t.
Would be fun I'm sure posing about some Spanish seafronts, wee blast on the beach, towing the surfing gear, jet skis etc

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Not exactly cutting new ground with a canvas top 4x4, even for Lawn Rover themselves - but it's probably the only one at that sort of (significant) price range.

Convertibles open you up to a world of totally different sights, sounds and smells and I reckon that'll work well with an Evoque. The UK is one of the biggest market for convertibles, because unlike Spain, Italy or anywhere else where it may seem like a nice idea to be cruising the beachfront on a sunny Sunday afternoon with the top down - you don't get incinerated by the Sun after 5 minutes. It's a way of squeezing the last bit of sun shine from our oft disappointing summers.

Looks like a good bit of fun, though realistically none are going to see a field, beach or anything rougher than Holywood main street on a Friday evening. Which is absolutely fine. I'd have one (if it wasn't 50 grand!)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
One of the ugliest cars on the road. Would give a Ssangyong a run for its money.

Reactions: DC.

Sam888

RMS Member
Not for me, I love Range Rover, but can't help think Suzuki Vitara when I see this

matt1207

RMS Regular
Drives
mk7.5 R
Just saw one of these in Majorca this morning. Looks right at home. Not so sure it would suit NI

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Had one as a courtesy car, it was awful. Everyone looked at you and the weather wasn't that bad.

Wouldn't own one if you gave it to me.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Im not a fan of the evoque just due to its style over function theme although some of them are quite nice looking. The boot space and overall interior space is quite small for such a big car outside. Not my cup of tea but im sure car parks of gyms will be stacked out with them.

Dave..

RMS Regular
I have seen a white one and it looks better in the metal than in a picture.
Would prefer a convertable with a metal top.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Awful.

I'm sure the Lisburn/Malone Road will be full of them very soon, particularly on the school run.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
What a load of bollloks the boot is. Unless you subcontracted to a midget porter, your back would be broke loading and unloading that thing

8641871_test-drive-the-2017-range-rover-evoque_t50146334.jpg

evoque_convertible_94.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lol. I've seen an orange one about Belfast a couple of times and I literally laugh out loud each time. Pretty sure he saw me the first time too.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
I think it looks good. I guess that when my numbers come up, I'm the only one around here going to look hella fresh :cool:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.