1985 Austin mini METRO!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Have wanted one of these since I was a young lad. Just never got round to buying one. Took it home today and plan to spend a few weeks/months getting it on the road and motd for the summer. Will update thread with progress :grinning:

1985 city x
13,500 miles
998 a+ series engine
4 speed box
There's no radio, rear seat belts or any mod cons to be honest. Manual choke too. I love it!! :grinning:
DSC_0349.JPG

DSC_0356.JPG

DSC_0357.JPG

DSC_0358.JPG
IMG-20150322-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20150322-WA0011.jpg

HWW

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta, Mini
Love it.

My dad had a tuned MG metro Turbo for 9 years. It gave Mark2 Golf GTI's and Nova GTE/GSIs something to think about.

big cyril

RMS Regular
That's excellent.(y)
Brings back memories, Mrs Cyril had one of those in white in the early 90's, city x.
I remember it handled nicely but had dodgy brakes.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Class, manual choke too (y) love it. I remember my dad has a old polo with a manual choke!

13.5k, it's had a handy life.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Was it reregistered? PLZ is a lot later than 1985, edit: PLZ is a 2005ish plate

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Needs fuel additive to run unleaded petroo too lol. Not going to bother converting it for all the use its going to get.

Speak to mum dude, she has the right stuff on the shelf.

Alternatively, just keep throwing super into it and if the head every gives way then get it converted. I would say the seats are well hardened in at this point. Only issue would be needing bronze phosphor guides. Chances are slim though, drive away

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Was it reregistered? PLZ is a lot later than 1985, edit: PLZ is a 2005ish plate

Yes it is unfortunately. It has lost its original plate some way down the line :worried:

Speak to mum dude, she has the right stuff on the shelf.

Alternatively, just keep throwing super into it and if the head every gives way then get it converted. I would say the seats are well hardened in at this point. Only issue would be needing bronze phosphor guides. Chances are slim though, drive away

OK cheers Pete will get in touch when I need a top up :grinning:

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Was never a fan of Metros myself, but then don't have much room to talk with the Novas!! Always good to get a low miler, and that one looks to have survived well, all the best with it.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Whatever you do, bin the metric wheels :p

Oh, actually, I have a set of 14x6 Compomotive ML's in anthracite that could make this look hard as nails

The tyres are good so going to hold onto them and at least mot it with them. First priority really is the mot. If it passes then I'd love a wee set of mini lites on it:grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.