1986 AE86 Corolla aka “The WinCam”

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
What a great base!

For me it would be Work Meister S1s. They are what BBS RSs are to Euro cars, work on anything.

1628683835810.png

Between these 3 most likely but will 100% be second hand so depends on what comes up with fitment etc.

View attachment 329916

View attachment 329917

View attachment 329918

Those bottom ones could look amazing though!

1628683955194.png

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Good to meet you mate 👍🏻
car is mint and FairPlay for taking it out on track!

Likewise man, we ended up our own little NI pit in a sea of Irish lads & lol thanks and I’d more plans to do a Few more laps but the few banzi moves up the inside made me think otherwise ha

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
Don’t blame you! Driving standards seemed to be lacking in a lot of cases lol

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
So few small updates, initially the idea was to lock it away and forget about it and look at it as an investment.

then I drove it a little and really enjoyed the run of it

at the mondello trackday the 13” wheels and tires really let it down, just no grip after few laps and just wanted to scream it’s head off

I’d always wanted to have a ae86 that looked kinda early 90’s spec ‘just off the boat’ look and have decided to go for it.

So…. New wheels are off to be painted. Thanks to @Captain Starlet i managed to sort a set of pretty rare 15” Toms wheels and @RubberLover is sorting me with some of the new Toyo TR1 tires. Hoping they will have a proper Japanese streeto look to them.

picture of checking the fitment

28C401FB-B7B0-4C6C-99D2-712522B2151E.jpeg

@chrisd1 then decided to drop a message saying he’d sourced unicorn poop in the form of the original style Toms Centre caps

0954BB99-5600-4AB6-A0A5-92FBD1EEFBFF.jpeg

the plan is to switch it back to full levin spec with a few rare jdm touches.

new oem levin stickers on the way also

2742BAD5-7F73-4166-A085-361FF3333288.jpeg

Next steps will be japspeed switch to something jdm and less bap bap and eventually the front grill to the glass with the fogs and jdm spec rear
Lights.

photos of more updates to follow. Car is off
To 86fest start of the month and then ‘back to school’ event.

RevT

RMS Regular
Are you going JDM with the lights, foglight grill etc?

Is the Janspeed a relatively new stainless system in good shape? If so, PM me a price for it. 👍🏼

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
So few small updates, initially the idea was to lock it away and forget about it and look at it as an investment.

then I drove it a little and really enjoyed the run of it

at the mondello trackday the 13” wheels and tires really let it down, just no grip after few laps and just wanted to scream it’s head off

I’d always wanted to have a ae86 that looked kinda early 90’s spec ‘just off the boat’ look and have decided to go for it.

So…. New wheels are off to be painted. Thanks to @Captain Starlet i managed to sort a set of pretty rare 15” Toms wheels and @RubberLover is sorting me with some of the new Toyo TR1 tires. Hoping they will have a proper Japanese streeto look to them.

picture of checking the fitment

View attachment 333164

@chrisd1 then decided to drop a message saying he’d sourced unicorn poop in the form of the original style Toms Centre caps

View attachment 333165

the plan is to switch it back to full levin spec with a few rare jdm touches.

new oem levin stickers on the way also

View attachment 333162

Next steps will be japspeed switch to something jdm and less bap bap and eventually the front grill to the glass with the fogs and jdm spec rear
Lights.

photos of more updates to follow. Car is off
To 86fest start of the month and then ‘back to school’ event.
Great to see the plans taking shape @da.murf especially as a move away from Irish spec!

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Are you going JDM with the lights, foglight grill etc?

Is the Janspeed a relatively new stainless system in good shape? If so, PM me a price for it. 👍🏼

both the janspeed and also the superlites are Like total new mate. Yes it’s stainless also. I’ll fire you a price when I’ve figured out what I can replace it with lol.

n yup will be as much jdm glass in as possible although I’ll look at it with my brain as the head lights and taillights where both brand new boxed
Old stock and are perfect

RevT

RMS Regular
both the janspeed and also the superlites are Like total new mate. Yes it’s stainless also. I’ll fire you a price when I’ve figured out what I can replace it with lol.

n yup will be as much jdm glass in as possible although I’ll look at it with my brain as the head lights and taillights where both brand new boxed
Old stock and are perfect

Let me know about the wheels and exhaust sure, I still need to buy those new for myself and yours may do instead if priced right. 👍🏼

Looking forward to seeing it finished.

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Let me know about the wheels and exhaust sure, I still need to buy those new for myself and yours may do instead if priced right. 👍🏼

Looking forward to seeing it finished.
Will do

wheels will be up for sale next week. Exhaust entirely depends on when i can get a replacement lol. Both are as new

RevT

RMS Regular
You'll get great money for UK lights etc. Guys will give you good money along with jdm stuff for UK.

It depends, some stuff can still be got new at the minute, including rear lights (they’re darker lens than the first original UK’s mind you).

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Short 1 lap video from Trackday at start of the month. Aint no fast lap but was more about the craic and seeing how healthy the 4AGE was etc

Main thought in my head was 'don't bin it' & 'Don't let someone stove into the side of you up the inside'

The Irish lads loved the late breaking in the little hondas lol

Kholmes

RMS Member
Drives
AE86
Hey guys great read,
Yes mate few months back. Why?
I am now the current owner of this twincam 🤟 Always wanted one but never could afford one and I also got very lucky with RKings competitions! Any info/pictures of the cars restoration or any videos would be greatly appreciated 🙏

Attachments

• 22A56CBD-509F-493B-95D4-3845C0B1D171.png
    22A56CBD-509F-493B-95D4-3845C0B1D171.png
    553.1 KB · Views: 102

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Hey guys great read,

I am now the current owner of this twincam 🤟 Always wanted one but never could afford one and I also got very lucky with RKings competitions! Any info/pictures of the cars restoration or any videos would be greatly appreciated 🙏
Good man, welcome along to the forum!

I seen you left R Kings in style after the win.

How are you enjoying the car?

Kholmes

RMS Member
Drives
AE86
Good man, welcome along to the forum!

I seen you left R Kings in style after the win.

How are you enjoying the car?
Thank you, I absolutely love it!
Needs few small things but won’t be long until it’s back up to scratch🤟
Yea first thing I had to do when I won was donut’s of course 😂