1987 Mk2 Golf GTI 3.2 vr6

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
R32 on ITB`s would make any man moist. An old friend from England had a R32 Vento on ITB`s and it sounded awesome hearing talk of ITB`s and Carbs makes me want to change direction with my engine build but I cant as its been way to long now to change anything.

😂 Waiting on word back from Dominic in DG. Have myself convinced that itbs have to happen.

With that in mind, I ordered a new rocker cover, more billet. Cannot wait for this to arrive!

View attachment 322323

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
I apologise in advance for the dent it will do to your bank balance 😂
Hah, wallet is a bit light now, got them ordered yesterday. And to think the initial plan was a tidy up and stick a pair of webers on the 8v :joy:

Going by their other examples, its a lovely bit of kit. Going to be a long 4 - 5 week wait now!
FB_IMG_1621262007220.jpg

R32 on ITB`s would make any man moist. An old friend from England had a R32 Vento on ITB`s and it sounded awesome hearing talk of ITB`s and Carbs makes me want to change direction with my engine build but I cant as its been way to long now to change anything.
Was that the red one, Gareth Spiller? I don't know him, but know the car, it was class.

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
Front wings finally arrived after landing in Dublin, being sent back to Germany, back to Dublin then London to finally get delivered. Have to say pretty impressed with the quality. As with any fibreglass panel there will be a bit of fettling required, but all in not bad. Theyre just set on to see what theyd be like.

IMG_20210608_130909.jpg

IMG_20210608_130926.jpg

And at ride height (possibly, there or abouts).
IMG_20210608_131705.jpg

Also got the ecu for this one, went for an ECUMaster black emu. Seems to do everything I'll need it to.
IMG_20210602_110634.jpg

And not wanting to take chance I went for a plumbed in extinguisher and decent sized handheld. Bit of planning required for putting this in neatly. As it won't be a competition car I'll not be running external pulls for this, but still need to put them in easy got at but neat locations inside.

IMG_20210603_105839.jpg

Also got a mk3 vr6 fuel tank which means I can run an in tank fuel pump.

Want to finish getting the suspension in and then get it on its wheels to see what tweeks need done on the back arches, then pull it all together and onto the spit to get the underneath all sorted.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I really like the look of them front arch`s its made me think have i done the right thing with mine but I cant go back now.

Was the ECU big money I currently have an emerald but it will be going up the road soon and I was looking at Link & Syvecs but im not sure what to run.

I have spit if you need one btw.

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
I really like the look of them front arch`s its made me think have i done the right thing with mine but I cant go back now.

Was the ECU big money I currently have an emerald but it will be going up the road soon and I was looking at Link & Syvecs but im not sure what to run.

I have spit if you need one btw.
Cheers Tufty!

It wasn't overly bad money. I got it from Pro Race Engineering as they had a bit of discount going on them. I'll PM you here.

Sorted for the spit, well as soon as it arrives cheers!

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Cheers Tufty!

It wasn't overly bad money. I got it from Pro Race Engineering as they had a bit of discount going on them. I'll PM you here.

Sorted for the spit, well as soon as it arrives cheers!

PRE are great. Helped me when I was buying bits to forge a Polo bottom end.

If you’re on Facebook add Stacey Fenton, he works for PRE and always responds to any questions and always helpfully. Incase waiting on emails is too long lol.

Wings look great. Excited to see the TB setup when it arrives 😎

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
PRE are great. Helped me when I was buying bits to forge a Polo bottom end.

If you’re on Facebook add Stacey Fenton, he works for PRE and always responds to any questions and always helpfully. Incase waiting on emails is too long lol.

Wings look great. Excited to see the TB setup when it arrives 😎
Cheers Sam. Same! Just hoping it arrives more smoothly than the wings, and fits with minimal chopping of the front panel😂

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
New billet valve cover arrived.
IMG_20210614_114906.jpg

So got that dropped on.
IMG_20210617_183922.jpg

And then put all the suspension back in to see if there's any issues with driveshafts catching etc.

IMG_20210618_160005.jpg

Alignment obviously all over the show, and the front definitely needs lifted a bit as theres limited clearance for the sump.
IMG_20210618_160237.jpg

ITBs hopefully be sent next week, so next is to get them on and the front panel and see what chopping needs done. After that, pull it all apart and on to the spit to get everything down to bare metal and fix any issues.

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
So, progress.

DG Motorsport have been very communicative and kept me up to speed on where things are at. They had a bit of a delay with one of their suppliers but the itbs are now built and ready to send. I got sent through photos of them today (I genuinely had no idea I was getting carbon trumpets but not complaining 😂).

Think once these arrive I'm going to set them on and spend some time just looking at them!

20210629_150939 [1024x768].jpg

20210629_150930 [1024x768].jpg

20210629_150925 [1024x768].jpg

20210629_151059 [1024x768].jpg

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
The itbs arrived yesterday, so got them fitted to see if theres any issues with clearance.

Seems all good, but will need to see if with the radiator there will be enough room to fit a filter. Plan would be to run with the filter and then remove for shows.
IMG_20210705_214334.jpg

IMG_20210705_214346.jpg

IMG_20210705_214400.jpg

IMG_20210705_214546.jpg

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
The itbs arrived yesterday, so got them fitted to see if theres any issues with clearance.

Seems all good, but will need to see if with the radiator there will be enough room to fit a filter. Plan would be to run with the filter and then remove for shows.
View attachment 328381
View attachment 328382
View attachment 328383
View attachment 328384
Piles of room for a radiator man
Think you can even use bmw e36 rad and cut out the feed tank or something. Can't remember exactly
Looking real good tho

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
Piles of room for a radiator man
Think you can even use bmw e36 rad and cut out the feed tank or something. Can't remember exactly
Looking real good tho
Good shout, I have some spare E34 ones that are fairly similar. Only issue I think I'll run into with it is the engine will be higher than the fill point as I want to tuck the rad in under the front panel.

Will have to have a play about!

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Good shout, I have some spare E34 ones that are fairly similar. Only issue I think I'll run into with it is the engine will be higher than the fill point as I want to tuck the rad in under the front panel.

Will have to have a play about!
Yes that would look neat all hidden under. Not sure how you'd manage to keep it other than bleed it well i guess?

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Plan would be to run with the filter and then remove for shows.
Looking awesome, that will sound unreal!!!

Id be super paranoid about stuff getting in those with no filters fitted. The angle and position of them, everything is gonna fall down in there.

You'd be amazed how many people poke and prod things at shows too, does my head in!!

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
Looking awesome, that will sound unreal!!!

Id be super paranoid about stuff getting in those with no filters fitted. The angle and position of them, everything is gonna fall down in there.

You'd be amazed how many people poke and prod things at shows too, does my head in!!
Yep, understand that, I'll be looking into some plastic bungs for them for that reason!

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I love them ITB`s its going to sound so so nice.

In regards the Rad it might be worth while speaking to an old friend of mine he maybe able to sort you out with something. You can find him on Insta/facebook under Fresh Reflections.

This is the kinda stuff he does for the 20v Turbo guys intercooler and rad combined its a really nice touch.

1626349803337.png

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
I love them ITB`s its going to sound so so nice.

In regards the Rad it might be worth while speaking to an old friend of mine he maybe able to sort you out with something. You can find him on Insta/facebook under Fresh Reflections.

This is the kinda stuff he does for the 20v Turbo guys intercooler and rad combined its a really nice touch.

View attachment 329445
Cheers Tufty, yea I like the stuff he does, I actually bought a header tank from him for it.

I see on insta he was saying no DMs for new radiators, so might have to wait until hes taking more work on first!

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
Finally, a bit of an update.

Last bit of parts orders arrived. Billet 'crack pipe' water pipe to replace the standard plastic one.
IMG_20210807_163927.jpg

And a Nuke Performance catch can. Carbon fibre to match the itb trumpets. Really nice piece of kit.
IMG_20210807_164031.jpg
IMG_20210807_164037.jpg

I'm trying to sort a billet fuel rail as the standard one sort of sticks out at the minute, but not an immediate issue. Hopefully tomorrow we'll get the car back to a bare shell, onto the spit and the subaru off the spit its on, handy for storing parts in and under 😂 might even get the little bit of welding needed done on it.