1988 Volvo 240 DL

AKU

RMS Regular
Drives
TVR
This is Moby. Number 2 of 3 cars in Scuderia Aku. There is nothing fancy about him and he is not especially attractive, like his owner. He is not fast (but he's not as slow as people assume) But, he is extremely useful, simple to fix and well made. He is form following function, and I derive a lot of pleasure from that. You can fit a two seater sofa in the back or use the boot as a bed if necessary. Spares are great too, about 2 years ago the gearbox lunched itself and I got two sent over on a pallet at the princely sum of £25 each. If you take the radiator out (which takes 10 minutes tops) you can actually stand in the engine bay there is that much room. He is currently beached while I sort out some valve stem seal issues but I hope he will be trundling about again soon.
20121007_141844.jpg
20140714_193418.jpg

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Brilliant, love it! Would love something like this for a daily driver

Reactions: AKU

AKU

RMS Regular
OP
AKU
Drives
TVR
Feelin the love for the white whale! I was braced for some backlash posting this TBH, but such an inclusive group on here. Solid. I've had two guys walk up on the street and ask to buy him and one note under the wiper. Never had that with other cars. 240s are like the Labrador of the car world I guess!

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Feelin the love for the white whale! I was braced for some backlash posting this TBH, but such an inclusive group on here. Solid. I've had two guys walk up on the street and ask to buy him and one note under the wiper. Never had that with other cars. 240s are like the Labrador of the car world I guess!

Not at all, great bunch of lads here. Just don’t bring up Brexit or Football.

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
Drives
335i MT Touring
240s are brilliant - yet another car I wasn't that fussed on but once I bought one (drunk) I loved him too. They're quirky and drive so good!