1989 740 SE 2.0 Manual

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
OP
NI_Volvo_Nut
Drives
Volvo's!
And finally, a little before and after. Best part of 20 years between this photo's, don't have many pics of when I first got the car, never thought back then that over 20 years later I'd still own it!
PhotoCollage_20220831_190810791.jpg

Paul.

RMS Regular
I'm delighted the arches were sorted as part of the vandalism repair. Sucks that you can't have anything nice without people attempting to ruin it, but lovely that it has backfired by leaving the car better than before. These old Volvos remain as charming as ever - and possibly one of the few cars of that era which you could potentially drive daily to the present day.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
OP
NI_Volvo_Nut
Drives
Volvo's!
I'm delighted the arches were sorted as part of the vandalism repair. Sucks that you can't have anything nice without people attempting to ruin it, but lovely that it has backfired by leaving the car better than before. These old Volvos remain as charming as ever - and possibly one of the few cars of that era which you could potentially drive daily to the present day.
Thank you. Yes, over the moon myself with the results, don't think it's ever looked as good. If it was an estate and easier on fuel I would daily it without a second thought.
They are making good money in ROI now due to their reliability and the fact they can be taxed for €54\yr!

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
OP
NI_Volvo_Nut
Drives
Volvo's!
So, for the first time in over 20 years of ownership the big lady failed to get me home. At first I thought the radiator had given up on life as she had dropped all her coolant a few minutes after switching the engine off, RAC to the rescue.
20220916_131930.jpg

Fast forward to Saturday, after contacting Volvo to be told there was no warranty on a 33 year old rad 😂 I started to remove the radiator, took off the filling hose from the expansion tank and there was still fluid in the rad, strange.... so filled it up woth water to look for a leak, thinking it was maybe the top of the rad, but when it let go I knew the leak was low down. Anyway, found the problem.....
20220917_131245.jpg

Nice easy fix and back on the road again, resulting in a happy Andy 😊

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Good result. I always keep a wee pack of these in a few different sizes in my roadside emergency kit. Have come in handy a few times over the years!

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
OP
NI_Volvo_Nut
Drives
Volvo's!
Good result. I always keep a wee pack of these in a few different sizes in my roadside emergency kit. Have come in handy a few times over the years!
The amount that came out of it I never even considered a jubilee clips to be the culprit.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
OP
NI_Volvo_Nut
Drives
Volvo's!
This is excellent. I love it

I think the clear indicators are a lovely upgrade. Do you still have the original alloys?
Came on steels but yes, still have a set ot original steels and wheel trims. I'll eventually get a set of 740 wheels for it which would be age appropriate accessories. Holding out for a set of Hydras, 16" wheels but prices are mad for them, £500ish for ones needing refurb