1995 Calibra Turbo (Not many left like this)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Having loved my cav turbo been chopping and changin a lot since, but really really liked the wee se8 magnetic blue calibra i had, but it was a 2litre eco tec and altho i liked the styling wished it had more go, so changed to the SRi Turbo mk4 astra, but it didnt really do it for me, (older stuff is better imo). So in keeping with the vauxhall theme :innocent: went looking for a calibra turbo, having started talking to a guy bout a clean dtm white turbo wi 90ish k on it i then heard of this one coming up for sale and promptly asked for more details an put a deposit on it.

Then the usual time wasting took place wi buyers an loans and stuff but eventually sold the wee astra and on st pat's mon too a flight to Norwich to lift this.

1995, one elderly owner from new who sadly died at the start of the year, when he retired he treated himself to a brand spankin cali tubby and it was his 3rd car so only used on special occasions. Has all old mot's etc and the only mods are factory option cat 1 alarm and factory option sony HU wi 10disc changer. He lso had a tow bar fitted to allow him to transport his motability cart on a small trailer, which he used twice apparently.

All tires etc have been rotated as per vauxhalls instructions so 4x4 is grand and has brand new rubber too. It appears the car has wanted for nothing and drives 110% i absolutely love it.

by time i got it home from norwich the milage has just crept past 23k :worried: not bad for 1995

colour wudnt have been my choice but the condition is unreal, i cant find a parking dent or scratch on the car, and i guess the few stone chips i have found were more than likely by me on way to the boat!!!

1995 Calibra
4x4 2.0 Turbo (C20LET 205 BHP)
6 speed gearbox
full cream leather heated interior
Air con and sun roof

0-60 6.5secs
top speed 159

pity sun wasnt out to show the colour better, but here's some pics...

grad034Medium.jpg

grad037Medium.jpg

grad070Medium.jpg

grad040Medium.jpg

grad041Medium.jpg

grad042Medium.jpg

grad043Medium.jpg

grad045Medium.jpg

grad046Medium.jpg

grad047Medium.jpg

grad049Medium.jpg

grad050Medium.jpg

grad051Medium.jpg

grad052Medium.jpg

grad053Medium.jpg

grad056Medium.jpg

grad057Medium.jpg

grad059Medium.jpg

grad062Medium.jpg

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Jealous as fook mate. Awesome car, my only gripe is that its not on my driveway. Health to enjoy!

Must be the best condition cali turbo left.

m00k

RMS Regular
OP
m00k
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
they changed the spec for the facelift, bit more refined andy, took the tubby alloys off and spoiler was optional.

tbh before i seen it in the flesh i was for puttin spoiler and the older spec rims on, but i think it'd be a sin to do anything to it

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
That is mental - 23k :eek: was it sheded most of its days??

Looks extremely clean mook - lovely! any plans for it?

m00k

RMS Regular
OP
m00k
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
no plans watsoever, had dump valve for it, and had an old cav t back box but its stayin as is, even tow bar and orange nipple side repeaters are stayin, cant bring myself to mod it in any form!

tow bar may well stay too :confounded: i dunno why lol

has every mot and has done 1500-2k each year

the family told me it was his complete baby and none of them were allowed near it, was quite emotional for them and they showed us pics of the fella, felt for them but they wanted it going to a good home too and think it helped that it was going over to ere and they wudnt see it.

m00k

RMS Regular
OP
m00k
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
well believe it or not there was plans to buy a nice lowish miles st200 mondeo, but... this cudnt be passed up, thinkin of using it for a month or 2 then try and pick up a wee golf/bora/vento or summat reasonable

Fastfish

RMS Regular
Drives
1979CelicaTurbo
Did not believe miles when first started reading,but have to say the pics certinaly support it and with old MOT its pretty much gauranteed ,looks fabulous....all the best with her.......great find...

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Gosh what a mint example, I take it you aren't going to be using it as a daily driver, would be a sin though I guess you gotta enjoy it, health to drive.

Jonny

RMS Regular
stunning mook, one of the few times the word mint can be used truthfully

health to enjoy

m00k

RMS Regular
OP
m00k
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
thanks folks, really really pleased wi it... milage and condition had me sceptical tbh, the pics the guy sent me were good but even still i was afraid of finding summat that been patched or worked at but its def 100% straight, I didnt even barter on price cos there was nothing to argue with!!

my last one had 55k on it and i thought it was clean but you can tell the diff in miles on this

guy has recorded when tires were rotated etc which is essential for the transfer box maintenance

m00k

RMS Regular
OP
m00k
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
stunning mook, one of the few times the word mint can be used truthfully

health to enjoy

yeah unfortunately the word mint is brandished about a fair bit... def one of the best condition cars i've ever owned, between this and cav woud be a very close call as it was immaculate

Bronk

RMS Regular
this car is unbelievable..steal of the century... everything is like brand new in the car...even smells brand new...until mooks let's one rip!!

fair play to ya ted...good to see ur happy with a car at last!!!

tommyo

Lovely cali, it's great to see a well looked after example. In that condition a real classic in years to come.

worky

RMS Regular
Drives
M135i
that must be one of the best condtion calibra turbos left, green is the way forward with them same colour as mine except mines not a turbo :worried:

Best of luck with her

-Pete-

RMS Regular
dont. sell. this. ever.

great condition example and one of those really rare finds! looks excellent.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.