1995 Calibra Turbo (Not many left like this)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

m00k

RMS Regular
OP
m00k
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
aye cav takin a race down to larne all being well.... anone checked weather forecast?

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Superb car mate, haven't seen a turbo version here before!

m00k

RMS Regular
OP
m00k
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
no..but the cav has enough..so if i ever need any..ill give ya a shout :oops:

ll jus cos u cant play fifa ted... dont be throwing the toys out :p

aye reno theyre gettin a rare enuff breed now in any form over ere it seems, rarely see any form of cali, let alone a red top v6 or turbo :worried:

mcmullet-vtec

RMS Regular
Drives
08 m6 vert/07 qu
Mate I didn't know you had this?! First time I seen this thread..lol that's unreal that car never thought there'd be any left like this a future classic for sure! Must get a look at her sometime love these motors, uve some vauxhalls about ya now lad!! Health to drive (very unoften lol! )

m00k

RMS Regular
OP
m00k
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
lol true keith,

Be a while before its back up ere mcmullen... hard enuff runnin 2 at the mo wi out 3 wi buyin the house, but once i get sorted there hopin to include the clai on a classic policy and run cav and cali on 6months tax each

its in fermanagh tucked away at the mo

m00k

RMS Regular
OP
m00k
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
lol... never heard any more about that pleb, folks were in fermanagh at the wkend and can confirm that it hasnt gone to russia or the likes :p

m00k

RMS Regular
OP
m00k
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
hmmm cant seem to edit the title of the thread

took head staggers on a day off work in the good weather last week that i wanted to go a spin in the calibra, phoned insurance company and got it added to cav policy for peanuts, checked mot online and there was a date for that evening so friend kindly drove down wi me and we took it thru mot that day... pass flying colours :laughing:

got her home and been flat out wi work and trying to do some bits and pieces when i get the chance,

it had never been machine polished and the short time i had it on the road i cleaned it a lot but with poor wash techniques leaving it relatively swirly plus it hasn;t really turned a wheel in 2 yeasrs other than tick over and short runs to keep everything hunky dory...

started in with the megs g220 and pretty pleased wi the results, no during pics due to not havin a lot of time and also forgot to put memory card in the slr, doh!!

washed and dried
Caliturbobuff001.jpg

plastics and rubbers masked off

Caliturbobuff013.jpg

Caliturbobuff011.jpg

Caliturbobuff008.jpg

Caliturbobuff007.jpg

then was machined using red/yellow megs pads wi menzerna polishes, 2 coats of red moose glaze and 2 coats of 50/50 wax

some folk will be pleased to see i took the tow bar off aswell

calibuff027.jpg

calibuff025.jpg

calibuff021.jpg

calibuff018.jpg

calibuff017.jpg

calibuff016.jpg

calibuff013.jpg

calibuff007.jpg

calibuff006.jpg

calibuff003.jpg

calibuff002.jpg

New number plates being made up,

still want to take off the wheels and clean them properly and also do the arches and liners....

engine bay to do and maybe underside get some attention aswell before long!!

Just under 25k on her now

m00k

RMS Regular
OP
m00k
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
pretty pics are esential lol... will get some more progress shots as i get engine bay and interior sorted...

Ruth

RMS Regular
that looks pretty awesome mark, so much better without the tow bar!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.