1995 E34 BMW 525i Sport

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
What a car. I absolutely love this thing! Well done.

Fair play to your dad too - going over to Cairnryan to collect your interior! When I lived at home my da made a song and dance about moving his car outta the way so I could get out.

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
Looked fantastic Conor. Strong car of the show contender only for the badge on the front.

Great getting a proper catch up with you and meeting your dad too

Thanks Connor, you too!

Amazing. I know I've said it before but that really is the nicest e34 around. Credit to you

Thanks Pete!

What a car. I absolutely love this thing! Well done.

Fair play to your dad too - going over to Cairnryan to collect your interior! When I lived at home my da made a song and dance about moving his car outta the way so I could get out.

Cheers, yea, it's his fault that old cars are a bit of an addiction. He does a lot of the awkward work on it while I'm at work as I live in Dublin during the week. I think he was more excited about the interior than me haha.

Looked incredible at dubshed!

Thanks Gemma!

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
Another show over and done with, car did the run to and from Kilbeggan with no problems barring a bloody irritating noise that sounds a bit like a belt slipping. The clutch/gearbox noise that started before Dubshed is now fixed....we had the clutch plate in the wrong way round, so that was a relatively simple fix, at the cost of another slave cylinder too, but all good now. No photos of that though, as with everything on this car it was a last minute scramble to put it back together.

Our line up for the weekend:
FB_IMG_1557730165563.jpg

FB_IMG_1557700365266.jpg

FB_IMG_1557700400540.jpg

received_1021363488062181.jpeg

Came home with a top 10 award too!
IMG_20190513_074843.jpg

All in about 240 miles or so. I'm a bit happier about the drive to Players Classic in June now. Ferry booked so doing the drive from Cairnryan down this time, purely as I hate the road from Holyhead to England, and a change of scenery is never a bad thing.

Small things to sort before then are:
Tidy the bolts at the top of the front wings
Get the bonnet alignment sorted
Get the doorcards fitted properly and;
Get an exhaust from manifold to backbox made as the one currently on it is doing my head in.

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
I have to say the car really was faultless driving over and back, total mileage covered was 1068 miles from home and back. I'll do the Belfast - Cairnryan crossing more, although it's bigger miles it's a much nicer crossing and road down.

Got sent some fancy pictures from the weekend -

IMG_20190625_093031_756.jpg

IMG_20190625_093031_737.jpg

IMG_20190625_091410_239.jpg
IMG_20190625_091429_218.jpg

It could do with a few wee finishing touches now imo -

Adjustable front top mounts
New front wing bolts
Floor mats and fit the doorcards properly

It really would be nice to have more power, all in good time, maybe.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I have to say the car really was faultless driving over and back, total mileage covered was 1068 miles from home and back. I'll do the Belfast - Cairnryan crossing more, although it's bigger miles it's a much nicer crossing and road down.

Got sent some fancy pictures from the weekend -

View attachment 240924
View attachment 240925
View attachment 240926View attachment 240927

It could do with a few wee finishing touches now imo -

Adjustable front top mounts
New front wing bolts
Floor mats and fit the doorcards properly

It really would be nice to have more power, all in good time, maybe.

What about the 540 engine Iain had?

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Just looking through the pictures from players, the quality seems to get better every year.
The e34 looks absolutely perfect.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
@trev 1515 don't let pictures fool you. There were alot of high end cars but a lot of cars I'd have been embarrassed to enter into a show. Fake wheels and bad paint was rife. The good stuff was fantastic but a lot of *****

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
@trev 1515 don't let pictures fool you. There were alot of high end cars but a lot of cars I'd have been embarrassed to enter into a show. Fake wheels and bad paint was rife. The good stuff was fantastic but a lot of *****

I'd agree with this, but at the same time I'd still say its the best show in the UK I've been to in terms of venue, standard of stuff entered (mostly) and organisation.

There was a noticeable difference in stuff in the 2 paddocks, but overall I do like the mentality that if it's cool it's cool regardless of finish.

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
Performance BMW feature done.

Screenshot_20190719-125557.png

Screenshot_20190719-083632.png

Hard to believe how much it's changed since then to be honest. Some of the lighting/floor colour wasn't kind to the car and a bit of artistic licence used in the article by the lad that wrote it, but it makes for a better write up 😂

Next up is VAGE in Cork this weekend, then Rollhard in Bicester Heritage next weekend, probably via Caffeine and Machine once or twice! Following that I've Cleanfest in Edinburgh in September and I've entered Players 13 the weekend after it just as I've never been and it's meant to be the last one. Putting plenty of miles on this year!

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
Busy few weeks.

VAGE in Cork was a great show. Managed to come home with a runner up car of the show trophy.
IMG_20190728_200058.jpg

As I was only back to work for a few days before heading off to England for another show I kept the car at my Dublin house for a few days.

IMG_20190728_200151.jpg

I was a bit worried about this but kept behind big electric gates in a decent area it was safe enough.

Whilst I had it in Dublin, I got a photo shoot done, looking forward to see how the photos turn out.
FB_IMG_1565183164329.jpg

Then, last weekend we made the trip to Bicester Heritage near Oxford for the Rollhard show. Great time at it and the car didn't miss a beat. Saying that, 6 miles out of Stranraer on the way down we got stopped by the police and DVSA. Long story short, the cars too loud and they wanted it mot'd again or get a prohibition notice on it. The mot is due at the start of September so no real hardship, and it is admittedly a bit loud so fair enough, bit the DVSA guy and police officer were very pleasant which made it a bit better! Allowed to carry on on my way too so no biggie.

Stopped off at Caffeine and Machine on the way down, even better buzz at the place at the weekends. Always nice when you drive in and the owner demands you park at the front beside supercars and then you have a Lambo Aventador SV and a McLaren 6something owner looking around your car genuinely interested 😂
FB_IMG_1565025587371.jpg

FB_IMG_1565025572938.jpg
FB_IMG_1565025541039.jpg
FB_IMG_1565025557320.jpg

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
Another month, another ferry trip for a car show. Last weekend I went to cleanfest in Edinburgh. Aside from Dubshed probably the shortest drive to a show I've had this year 😂 .

FB_IMG_1568230427625.jpg

IMG_20190909_133640.jpg

Great weekend away, car was faultless and chuffed to come home with a Top 10. Before the show we had done a bit more work than it looks like, that includes a lot of boring stuff like fitting centre boxes to make it less droney on long journeys and more Scottish police friendly. Also put a pair of new tyres on the rear, Continental Contisport 4 or something, liking them so far. Also replaced all the front wing bolts with nicer items, before and after below.
IMG_20190831_104347.jpg

The most awkward job was fitting the doorcards properly. They still aren't on perfectly, but a lot better.

This weekend I'll be off to Players 13 in Essex, then Titanic Dubs the weekend after and that's it for shows this year for me.

What next, I don't know. Part of me wants to get the Schnitzer wheels split and refreshed and also buy another set of wheels for a change. Only issue with this is anything I want for it is at least 3k plus.

The other thing I'm more certain on is dropping the back end and rebushing everything and powdercoating trailing arms etc. The front upper and lower control arms could do with being changed too, but may as well replace with uprated 7 series items instead.

Notwithstanding the above, theres a whole other pile of French misery parked beside it which will be getting the same (but different) treatment.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
I would leave it as it is and get tore into the French misery. The E34 is absolutely top class

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
I would leave it as it is and get tore into the French misery. The E34 is absolutely top class

Cheers Trev, the 205 frightens me as I know it could get out of control in terms of spending very easily like the e34, maybe moreso!

The nicest e34 in the world, perfect in every way

Thanks Pete!

It’s outstanding. Now just make it a veyron slayer and it might just be the best bmw in the world

Haha, I'd maybe think of a S54 and run it normally aspirated for a while but it all adds up!

Another 800 odd miles this weekend to Players 13 in North Weald without any issues, it just eats up the miles and the seats are really comfy. What a show, I didn't really know what to expect, but given the organisers knew it'd be good. Long way to go for a one day show but worth it. Came home with another award, this time a handpainted American football, more megiuars stuff and a case of monster espresso stuff (rocket fuel).

IMG_20190915_195314.jpg

IMG_20190915_135651.jpg

Got asked to go on the Airlift hanger, which was nice too, we got a nice selection of BMWs front and centre for it, I didn't take any photos of it as my phone was being stubborn so here's a screenshot!

Screenshot_20190916-151430.png

Then had a pitstop at Caffeine and Machine yesterday evening on the way to the ferry.
IMG_20190915_184219.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190915_195314.jpg
    IMG_20190915_195314.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 126

cauld1

RMS Regular
OP
cauld1
Drives
BMW E34
Titanic Dubs a few weekends ago, came home with car of the show, good day for it and well chuffed with the trophy. That makes it an award at every show, bar one that it's been to across England, NI, Scotland and Ireland it's been to since June 2018, not bad for something built in the home garage between myself, my dad and a few mates (barring the retrim and paint) 😆.

IMG_20190921_155318.jpg

FB_IMG_1570362120423.jpg

Over winter plans are to drop the back end and powdercoat suspension components and polybush it all as well as clean up the floor and reseal it all. I'll look into getting the wheels off, split and freshened too. The front end has got quite chippy given the mostly motorway miles it's done over he past while, the cars never had the paint refined since being done either, so may have to talk to @big_pete in the near future to leave it right.

In top of that I've been reliably informed that the gearbox will fit a S54. Engine mounts should work too, only complicated thing would be wiring but I know the likes of Hack Engineering should be able to help with that. This depends on how getting an engine at decent money. I can then keep the m50 for my E28 down the line.

As per @trev 1515 suggestion, the French misery will be getting worked on alongside this as there's a fair chunk we can do without spending much.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Titanic Dubs a few weekends ago, came home with car of the show, good day for it and well chuffed with the trophy. That makes it an award at every show, bar one that it's been to across England, NI, Scotland and Ireland it's been to since June 2018, not bad for something built in the home garage between myself, my dad and a few mates (barring the retrim and paint) 😆.

View attachment 252856
View attachment 252857

Over winter plans are to drop the back end and powdercoat suspension components and polybush it all as well as clean up the floor and reseal it all. I'll look into getting the wheels off, split and freshened too. The front end has got quite chippy given the mostly motorway miles it's done over he past while, the cars never had the paint refined since being done either, so may have to talk to @big_pete in the near future to leave it right.

In top of that I've been reliably informed that the gearbox will fit a S54. Engine mounts should work too, only complicated thing would be wiring but I know the likes of Hack Engineering should be able to help with that. This depends on how getting an engine at decent money. I can then keep the m50 for my E28 down the line.

As per @trev 1515 suggestion, the French misery will be getting worked on alongside this as there's a fair chunk we can do without spending much.

I would be delighted to work some sort of sponsorship deal on that car, it's incredible