1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ 4.0L Sahara Edition - Jurassic Park Style

56oval

RMS Regular
2014_0101_034620_001.JPG

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Get yourself a tyre pen and give the BF Goodrich a new lease of life Bryan. It'll make them look like new tyres.

Wee Jeep turned out fantastically. Well done (y)

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Cheers... didn't know there was such a thing!

At one point the guy who owned the General Lee was up chatting to me getting all excited over a mediocre Jeep Wrangler LOL It certainly seemed to draw people's attention.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Every post that you have a picture in Bryan all it says is (img) but won't let me open it .iphone 6 if anyone can help.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE

At one point the guy who owned the General Lee was up chatting to me getting all excited over a mediocre Jeep Wrangler LOL It certainly seemed to draw people's attention.

Was his name Gary? Guy who plastered my extension has a General Lee with welded closed doors and a cage (y)

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO

I'm not surprised, it is definitely attention grabbing.

Looking class by the way. Glad you got the painting sorted out.

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Every post that you have a picture in Bryan all it says is (img) but won't let me open it .iphone 6 if anyone can help.

The hosting company took my web site down because it was using too much CPU power. Most of the images should be fixed now and they're hosted on my own server here at home so the connection will be slow.

I'm not surprised, it is definitely attention grabbing.

Looking class by the way. Glad you got the painting sorted out.

The paint is ok - I definately wouldn't use that type of paint again and there are a number of things I would change if I was to do it again but it'll do!

Was his name Gary? Guy who plastered my extension has a General Lee with welded closed doors and a cage (y)

No - it was some guy from down south. He mentioned that there was also someone from the north with a General but it was off the road getting work at the minute?

zafturbo

RMS Regular
The hosting company took my web site down because it was using too much CPU power. Most of the images should be fixed now and they're hosted on my own server here at home so the connection will be slow.

The paint is ok - I definately wouldn't use that type of paint again and there are a number of things I would change if I was to do it again but it'll do!

No - it was some guy from down south. He mentioned that there was also someone from the north with a General but it was off the road getting work at the minute?
There is a general lee in Larne.uses it for special occasions also.

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Should have kept the roof on it! Wing mirrors look in some shape too. Hopefully the interior doesn't get damaged because the seats were like new and they are practically irreplacable

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Got it back from the event slightly worse for wear.

Damage1.jpg

Damage2.jpg

Thankfully the interior appears to be still in good condition apart from the paint peeled off the interior panel of the half doors (something I was going to do anyway when I change the interior colour to grey/green).

I saw pictures on instagram last night of some girl draped across the bonnet so I had to ask them to put a barrier around it for today but obviously by that stage the damage had been done...

MCM_fence.jpg

And finally after spending about 30 minutes rebuilding the soft top it was ready to go home. You can really see from this photo how faded the rest of the soft top is compared to the half door tops (correct colour).

GoingHome.jpg

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
I didn't mind them sitting in it to get photos taken but it seems they took the piss a bit and then it was spoiled for everyone else. Everyone seemed to really enjoy it and it was the only vehicle there which I was surprised about. I'll be making a JP style fence for it in future :p

Luckily it's just the two side steps and I have a little bit of the paint left so it should be a relatively easy fix.

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
I didn't mind them sitting in it to get photos taken but it seems they took the piss a bit and then it was spoiled for everyone else. Everyone seemed to really enjoy it and it was the only vehicle there which I was surprised about. I'll be making a JP style fence for it in future :p

Luckily it's just the two side steps and I have a little bit of the paint left so it should be a relatively easy fix.

40ft electric fences ftw!

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Saw this at the Cavalcade on Friday night. Every time you drove past I sang the JP theme tune quite loudly in your direction. You never noticed :oops:

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Saw this at the Cavalcade on Friday night. Every time you drove past I sang the JP theme tune quite loudly in your direction. You never noticed :oops:

My son had the JP theme tune playing at full blast inside the Jeep too :grinning: It's hard to see anyone at all during the cavalcade you're concentrating so hard on making sure no one walks out in front of you or something.

I've wasted no time in getting it repaired. The side steps are off (gonna need another 16 rivets now to put them back on again!).

upload_2016-6-27_18-54-19.jpeg

They'll have to be sanded right back to the bare plastic then plastic primed, then primed and then painted again. Such a lot of work for some idiot standing on them in the wrong place.