1995 Toyota Supra RZ-S Twin Turbo

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
I'm tempted by the bpu stage 3 kit on the Whifbitz website. decat, restrictor ring, fuel cut defender, Walbro fuel pump, plugs and the Greddy boost controller.

What bother are you having with yours?

Thanks chum. No kits will be going near the car. I prefer them looking OEM (y)

Don't buy the kits from Whifbitz, you can source the parts yourself easily and save a bit of money.

I did the manual conversion and had clutch problems for ages. Finally fixed by replacing the release bearings and clips.

Few other things like a dead 02 sensor and the power steering rack died.

Apart from that it's been grand, they are amazing cars!

Lee

RMS Regular
Lovely. What about a deeper front splitter and headlamp washers?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Love that, spied it in the classifieds and thought it was an incredible buy for someone.

Had a look around some Supras at the NEC Classic earlier this month, and they are ageing very well indeed.

Congrats!

Mont

RMS Regular
OP
Mont
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Don't buy the kits from Whifbitz, you can source the parts yourself easily and save a bit of money.

I did the manual conversion and had clutch problems for ages. Finally fixed by replacing the release bearings and clips.

Few other things like a dead 02 sensor and the power steering rack died.

Apart from that it's been grand, they are amazing cars!

Cheers for the heads up about the Whifbitz kit. That's bad craic about your issues, but good to hear you they've been sorted. They def seem to be well engineered. Did you take yours out on a run over the summer that stopped at Kirkistown? I was down there during a run one Sunday and wondered if it was yours.

Lovely. What about a deeper front splitter and headlamp washers?

It has this aero splitter which I can raise and lower with a button. I should get a couple of pics with it down. Knowing my luck I'd forget about it and break it off something though :sob:

Love that, spied it in the classifieds and thought it was an incredible buy for someone.

Had a look around some Supras at the NEC Classic earlier this month, and they are ageing very well indeed.

Congrats!

They do seem to wear their age well :grinning:

Lee

RMS Regular
Oops yeah thats the splitter I was thinking of! I'd be having it down all the time. Health to drive (y)

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Toyota Supra Meme - 05.jpg

:joy::p

Beautiful motor and anyone would be happy with the condition it's in even if you were buying it 10 years ago when there was more jap motors about nevermind nowadays! Some cracking photos there Mont Earl Spilner!

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Saw this on the classifieds myself and thought it looked a cracker - health to enjoy! Boy do they still look good for a 25 year old body shape!

Gaz86

RMS Regular
I was almost for buying a black targa top supra back in 2006 just before I bought my M3. Such cool cars and serious road presence :cool: Health to drive

thirtysix_36

RMS Regular
this link dropped into my inbox today, the Supra takes me back, must be all of 10 years since i sold mine, went to some guy on here from around Carrick iirc, a car well ahead of it`s time - your health to enjoy!

is it still about?

DSCF0004.JPG

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
If your after brand new parts google future motorsports in Leicester , his name is bijal mention your in the supra club or my name he is cheaper than all the rest especially Whifbitz, TRD gearbox mount , whifbitz = £120+ postage , future motorsport £85 posted

Or log into the mkivsupra.net and watch the classifieds , some good bargains come up all the time

Mont

RMS Regular
OP
Mont
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
If your after brand new parts google future motorsports in Leicester , his name is bijal mention your in the supra club or my name he is cheaper than all the rest especially Whifbitz, TRD gearbox mount , whifbitz = £120+ postage , future motorsport £85 posted

Or log into the mkivsupra.net and watch the classifieds , some good bargains come up all the time

Thanks for the heads-up. Just had a nosey at that Future Motorsports there. As much as I planned to leave this car alone, it's hard to not make a shopping list of potential upgrades :grinning:

I've joined mkivsupranet and paid for a year. Photobucket really has made a balls of so many threads, especially on long established sites like that.

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
Yea photobucket let’s that site down, some of the walk throughs are useless as they never updated the pictures , other than that it’s good for advice and second hand parts , also remember any questions don’t hesitate to ask :grinning:

Mont

RMS Regular
OP
Mont
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I wanted to replace the old Japanese stereo with a newer one with bluetooth and initially started looking at CarPlay ones, but changed my mind and bought a Kenwood one that @bigpupcooper was selling on here. As there's no steering wheel controls on the Supra I decided one with a big knob on it was better (oooh-er!). I also think the screen and buttons tie in better with the rest of the Supra dash and looks bit more OEM.

IMG_1387.jpg

New speakers and brackets also fitted. They aren't exactly amazing sounding but will do for now. Audisons in the front

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

Pioneers in the rears.

IMG_1393.jpg

A quick wash before the RMS meet at Applegreen with the active spoiler down.

IMG_1390.jpg

I couldn't believe how small it looks beside an S3.

IMG_1399.jpg

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
I loved the way you could change the colours on that unit to suit the dash.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
Looks lovely, love the stock 17's.

20mm spacers would suit it all round!

Where did you get those speaker brackets for the fronts?

Mont

RMS Regular
OP
Mont
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Thanks Steve :grinning:

I didn't know you were there yesterday @Carson. You shoulda said hello.

Looks lovely, love the stock 17's.

20mm spacers would suit it all round!

Where did you get those speaker brackets for the fronts?

I love the stock wheels too but yeah they do look lost in the arches, especially the fronts. I'm still not sure if I'll space them or not though. I think I'd need at least 25mm on the front 8o|

The brackets are from TB Developments For Sale TB Developments Front Speaker Conversion Plates and Vent Blanking Plates

I can't warm to the front plate at all or the rear window tint, so they're on the list to sort at some point after Christmas.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Thanks Steve :grinning:

I didn't know you were there yesterday @Carson. You shoulda said hello.

I love the stock wheels too but yeah they do look lost in the arches, especially the fronts. I'm still not sure if I'll space them or not though. I think I'd need at least 25mm on the front 8o|

The brackets are from TB Developments For Sale TB Developments Front Speaker Conversion Plates and Vent Blanking Plates

I can't warm to the front plate at all or the rear window tint, so they're on the list to sort at some point after Christmas.

I didn't actually realise that was you until you confirmed to @Cro in the other thread that you were the guy he was showing engine bay pictures too

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Im gutted I didnt get to the meet yesturday, would have loved to see this in the flesh! Stunning.