1996 VW Passat 1.9 TDI B4 Estate Workhorse

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Class, I loved mine. Ran on a sniff of diesel.

In all seriousness, if you ever come to sell this drop me a message, I would probably buy it.

DDED4AED-C63B-45C7-BCAF-3453A12D8EAC.jpeg

Darren91

RMS Regular
OP
Darren91
Today marks a year since I bought this and what a year it’s been (for all the right reasons :grinning: )

It’s now more powerful and more importantly, more structurally sound than when I bought it.

2DB43C4A-F022-4BBA-B290-CCB24383C248.jpeg
2F2B4BA4-F50D-48EE-AC60-90DD199AE8CA.jpeg

Last edited:

Darren91

RMS Regular
OP
Darren91
It's MOT time again and now unfortunately the rot has well and truley taken over the underside of the car, too much work along with a few other niggles means shes destined for the scrap yard next Thursday :worried:

Genuinely gutted but its done well to last nearly 23 years. :worried:

_Stu_

RMS Regular
It’s always a tough call to make, especially when it’s something you really like. It must be one of the last B4s about over here.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Itd be worth parking up or stripping if the engines that good...
Bound to be a few petrol ones floating about that you could transplant into

Darren91

RMS Regular
OP
Darren91
Itd be worth parking up or stripping if the engines that good...
Bound to be a few petrol ones floating about that you could transplant into

The engine is 100% but I don’t have the space for it to sit about. It’s a shame because driving it you wouldn’t think it was 20+ yrs old.

@Ben P it just about managed to survive last year, it’s a whole kettle of fish this time round lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.