1997 Toyota Chaser JZX100

rdcross

RMS Regular
After months of thinking about it and nearly pulling the trigger on a black JZX100 last year I came across an Ebony Teal Pearl JZX100 Tourer V factory manual 1jz on Facebook marketplace at the end of September which had been freshly imported a couple of months before hand. Took a look at the ad, thought about it for a few days then decided I'd go and check it out. Being a very clean car and not many opportunities like it that come up, I thought I'd go for it.

Being my first car it was definitely a big investment with it being the same age as me and the power it has. As it currently sits, it's a good clean car to work from and build on for next year. I have plans already in the pipeline for mods I'm wanting to make including Dmax LED rear lights, tints, coilovers lowered, spoiler removed and between 18 inch chrome SSR Professor SP1's or Work Meister S1 3P's. May look at performance mods in the future after getting it to sit how I want it.

In general the car is in good condition with everything functioning as it should except for the traction and snow mode, but don't need that anyway. Paint needs a bit of work done to it which will probably cost an arm and a leg being pearl. Any suggestions for painters you'd recommend let me know.

Rough spec list from the ad:
Tein coilovers
Front mounted intercooler with greddy pipe work
BC messenger boost control
Kansai tower bar
Blitz boost gauge
Blitz air filter kit
BN rear bumper, skirts and front splitter
Blitz NUR exhaust from cat back

Here's some photos of it from a few weeks ago:

DSC06378-min-resized.jpg

DSC06448-min-resized.jpg

DSC06484-min-resized.jpg

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Lovely, same colour as my old one. What are they going for imported and all now?

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Class! A mate of mine was going to sell me his old one a load of years back for 6.5k and I turned it down because I had nowhere to keep it at the time. Going by prices now, big mistake.

Anyways, enjoy! Health to slide & uppa Japs👍🏻

rdcross

RMS Regular
OP
rdcross
Lovely, same colour as my old one. What are they going for imported and all now?
Thanks! Import Wizards aren't dealing with anything less than 15k budgets. Going for around 13-15k+ for a good one.
Is this ur 1st ever car?
Yes, my first car! Drove on a families policy for a few years.
Class! A mate of mine was going to sell me his old one a load of years back for 6.5k and I turned it down because I had nowhere to keep it at the time. Going by prices now, big mistake.

Anyways, enjoy! Health to slide & uppa Japs👍🏻
Yes and prices aren't going to stop going up. Opens for importing for 96 models in the US in 2021.

subie_andy33

RMS Regular
Drives
ImprezaSTI
Class looking motor! Walk along that road with the graffiti every day (or at least I did before working from home). Great pics :grinning:

rdcross

RMS Regular
OP
rdcross
Seen you in town today. Nice to see. Quite a unique note to it quite high pitched.

Yeah, would be nice to get the pitch lower but not sure how. Straight exhaust from the cat back. When it gets up the revs on the gears it sounds like it has a screamer pipe which is quite cool.