1998 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Lovely!

I actually love the wheels and have a set at home but they wont fit my Mazda lol if I thought they'd fit the MX5 I'd take them but I think they may be an inch or two too big.

Health to enjoy!

**mugen**

RMS Regular
Drives
Big 9'er
The wheels look good I have to admit, but I'd have to mess about with rolling the arches to make them practical.

A set of lightweight forged Wedsport TC105s with some meaty R888r tyres will be much better suited for track use.

Great choice in wheels, you looking to get the "n" or "x" model? Think Rossport on MLR is a distributor for the wedsports or at least he was selling the tc105n when they where still available new.

Great to see it being used and enjoyed :cool:

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
Definitely the X from Rossport, I think the N has been discontinued - although I'll need to powdercoat them in the colour I want as they only come in silver.

I think 17x8.5 ET32 is a good fitment that clears bigger brakes.

**mugen**

RMS Regular
Drives
Big 9'er
Definitely the X from Rossport, I think the N has been discontinued - although I'll need to powdercoat them in the colour I want as they only come in silver.

I think 17x8.5 ET32 is a good fitment that clears bigger brakes.

Yeah the N is discontinued now, see a few 2nd hand sets popping up... the N come in silver the X are a gunmetal/blackish colour.

Fancy a set off "N"s myself when the time comes.

Will look good on the 5 and has good brake clearance (y)

jayk

RMS Regular
I'd say a little drive in it would be a nice thank you for telling you about it lol

Stunning car Adam.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
I'd say a little drive in it would be a nice thank you for telling you about it lol

Stunning car Adam.

Jesus I forgot it was you that told me about this 😂

I'll take you out anytime bud, just give me a shout on Facebook messenger any night.

jayk

RMS Regular
Might see you at next Kirkstown track day lol I'm just jealous I never went for it. 🙈

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
As cool as supercars are, road going rally cars will always be at the top of my cool list! Love the aggressiveness of these and yours looks impeccable, polish her up, then a good few layers of wax or sealant and cover the thing in muck and dust 👍

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
I really couldn't believe the condition of it, especially underneath. Not a spot of rust anywhere.

I usually don't commit to cars for that long but this has the potential to be a keeper, it ticks a lot of boxes.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Think I saw this yesterday in Bangor, on the ring road, can’t be too many like it locally, it certainly has menacing presence!

Phil_D

RMS Regular
Picked this up today, have been twisting the owners arm for 8 months to sell it. He finally gave in and I'm delighted he did.

Its a 1998 import with 76,000 miles on the clock. Only imported into the UK in 2016 and been kept in heated garages ever since.

The car came with the full Japanese service history which is a massive plus.

I can't get over how good the condition is of the car. It's pretty much stock apart from tein springs, terrible rota alloys, blueflame exhaust and some light engine tuning.

Currently sat at around 370BHP, but it's mapped for 99 octane. So it'll be getting mapped by Jonny swiftly for our inadequate fuel.

Plans for the future are:

- Link ECU and map
- Proper alloys
- Ohlins Suspension
- AP Racing Big Brake kit
- 2.2 Stroker kit and 400/500 power wise

Sorry for the pictures, taken by previous owner ill get some decent pictures up soon.

View attachment 247223View attachment 247224View attachment 247225View attachment 247226View attachment 247227View attachment 247228

That is absolutely fantastic..If i was to own another Evo it would be a V or maybe a VI. HTD and to tune. Power wise there is definitely a sweet spot around 500 that is just perfect.

No better man than Jonny to sort it out..

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
@Phil_D cheers Phil, it's definitely getting hard to find examples that are rust free!

I'll be keeping the power in and around that figure to keep the car responsive.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Absolutely amazing, great choice.

Wheels wouldn’t be for me either but I’m glad to see they’re on your to do list.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
jpccni track days is basically turning into ai 2.2 evo days it seems 😂 😂

LOL it sure is... Half the reason to keep the Civic or buy a Scooby for badness :laughing:.

At least the Civic's were nearly putting in your level of track time on Saturday lol!

Just need @Neil_M to buy one...

LOL it's on the cards or another M3, or a classic JDM Scooby. I'd keep the Civic for track duties personally.

Hard to beat the rally reps to fire down a back road with your pants on fire!

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
I used to see the Supra fairly often, so hopefully see this about. Will bring a grin to my face.

Hands down my favorite of the rally reps, and the vi is the best of the Evo, it was the height of their ludicrous looks, went soft after that imo

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
IMG_20190821_115229.jpg

Susie the Supra looks concerned.