1998 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
Picked this up today, have been twisting the owners arm for 8 months to sell it. He finally gave in and I'm delighted he did.

Its a 1998 import with 76,000 miles on the clock. Only imported into the UK in 2016 and been kept in heated garages ever since.

The car came with the full Japanese service history which is a massive plus.

I can't get over how good the condition is of the car. It's pretty much stock apart from tein springs, terrible rota alloys, blueflame exhaust and some light engine tuning.

Currently sat at around 370BHP, but it's mapped for 99 octane. So it'll be getting mapped by Jonny swiftly for our inadequate fuel.

Plans for the future are:

- Link ECU and map
- Proper alloys
- Ohlins Suspension
- AP Racing Big Brake kit
- 2.2 Stroker kit and 400/500 power wise

Sorry for the pictures, taken by previous owner ill get some decent pictures up soon.

received_636997090085155.jpeg
received_240640650199869.jpeg
received_907081236349469.jpeg
received_564794620704645.jpeg
received_2367955353232103.jpeg
received_1969344916704859.jpeg

bob

RMS Regular
Awesome, that is an evil looking car in black! Seen a IV today for the first time in years, the 4-6 are a scarce car got.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
There's only about 48 Evo V on the road in the UK as it was never sold here. (according to the interwebs)

Import only car.

Its the first black Evo V I've ever seen, so I had to have it.

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
To be truthful if its not an 80s or 90s jap car i have absolutely no interest in it whatsoever. Couldn't care less about it lol. Jdm cars of that era have so much character and just proper mean. Thats a proper car and your money is better there than in any bank.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Now that’s the dogs balls. Love it and it looks properly clean underneath so will only go one way money wise. Very hard to get like that now and with the pound going the way it is it’s getting harder to import nice stuff. Health to tune, plans sound great, they are a brilliant car.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
i miss mine so much

sold to help pay bills

even if your on you knees and living under a bridge these things will only go up in price from now on health to enjoy 😀

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
After the drive home I can see why you'd feel that way.

The steering, engine and everyday practicality is on another level to any car I've driven.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Awesome! I bet that is some thing to steer with 370bhp. Really aggressive looking in black too!

scub

Banned
lovely 👍
can't believe how clean it is underneath. won't be many left like that now.
nice set of white or bronze alloys would set it off.