1st central insurance?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
Hi guys, the dreaded renewal period is upon me and the usual renewal letter is £100 more than last year, so done a quick quote on go compare to get a ball park figure and this outfit 1st central are coming in with the best quote and no compulsary excess.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this company before?

Ashton

RMS Regular
Drives
No experience but took out a second policy with them last weekend, reviews seem to be negative for customer service phoneline but other than that ok...

davey21

RMS Regular
yeah was insured with them last year no problems, but then I didn't need them for anything.

Ashton

RMS Regular
Drives
Another thing to be aware of is they charge was any changes in policy eg. address, so they have ways to build up the overall fee. I added the legal protection as well which wasnt included.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
They get bad reviews. I was with them for a year and thought they were OK. Changes were expensive enough but aside from that they were grand. Not sure I'd want to deal with them in the event of a claim though. Some horror stories out there.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
OP
Mel_45
Drives
megane
Cheers guys.

Il probably end up using their quote to go back to open and direct or the likes as a bargaining tool but just want to know incase n one gets close price wise.

I have never had to deal with insurance companies over claims etc (touchwood) so not sure if there all pretty much the same when it comes down to it?

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
My friend is with them - never had to contact them thankfully and no problems with admin geting documents etc

Gavlar

RMS Regular
All the bad reviews put me off, few other insurance companies I rang said they arent very good and only cover 10months rather than a year which I thought was weird but was more than one other insurance company told me that, yet when I mentioned a second cheapest quote from a totally different comoany they never batted and eyelid about them so made me sceptical of 1st Central

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
I have never had to deal with insurance companies over claims etc (touchwood) so not sure if there all pretty much the same when it comes down to it?

DEFO NOT!

Some can get it all sorted no fuss Greenlight and NFU seem to be good for this

Others drag in on for months if not years (I waited near 2 years for resolution when a van rear ended me with a company that ive forgotten the name of now! LOl)

Mel_45

RMS Regular
OP
Mel_45
Drives
megane
thanks for the responses.

All the bad reviews put me off, few other insurance companies I rang said they arent very good and only cover 10months rather than a year which I thought was weird but was more than one other insurance company told me that, yet when I mentioned a second cheapest quote from a totally different comoany they never batted and eyelid about them so made me sceptical of 1st Central

only 10months cover wtf?

Vw86

RMS Regular
I insured my GF with them this year as its her first year on her own insurance and they were by far cheaper than anyone else. I can't fault them so far. As said though, given the reviews I wouldn't fancy my chances if there is a claim. And its a 12 month policy.

scub

Banned
i'm insured with them now - as said cheapest out there - no point paying foe extras on a cheap car - any good prang'll write it off anyway financially so cheapest 'll do rightly !

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Thought it was weird myself but two different companies said that about 1st Central, then mentioned quotes that beat theirs from RAC, AXA, etc and nothing was mentioned to swap me towards them from RAC, AXA etc as it was with 1st Central

belfastchris

RMS Regular
Drives
E61msport
Wife went with them this year and all was ok until she had a bump, every single time she phoned them on their premium rate number you were on hold for at least 10minutes and would wind up speaking to a different person each time-although they were nice enough on the phone they appeared to all be students in a call centre and although they would make a note on the system to pass onto the relevant claim handler they never phoned my wife back once-we had to do all the chasing - they also never replied to a court date letter from the small claims court that had a deadline, which the court ruled in the other party's favour by default in the end.. Such a pain in the ass

Mel_45

RMS Regular
OP
Mel_45
Drives
megane
Cheers guys. I used the 1st central quote to when negotiating and got my renewal down from 510 to 320 with AXA think thats where Il go given the feedback.

Last edited:

KrisSRT

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTD
I'm with them at the minute and the only dealing I have had with them was changing my car over and that was a £35 fee, thought that was dead on. Hope I don't have a claim though because of all the reviews now :rolleyes:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.