2.0 MX5 ND Recaro Sport

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Must admit I do like a nice diffuser (y), seems to be unavailable currently

So... this popped up on my feed today.....

View attachment 372756
View attachment 372757
Good excuse to throw up a photo :p
DSC_2102 copy 3s.jpg

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Must admit I do like a nice diffuser (y), seems to be unavailable currently

Good excuse to throw up a photo :p
View attachment 372776
that is just perfect. perfect wheels, offset, lip's etc

one of my favourite cars on here now!!

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
I took a run up to an event organised by Reinis @Reno_LV 'Charity Shoot 2.0' on Sunday morning, and Reinis kindly let me work away with my own camera while he was setting up the set and taking test shots.

I only had my new 85mm lens with me, and I struggled a bit with the framing due to limited space within the hangar. First one below taken on phone, rest with Nikon D800E / Nikon 85mm F1.8

IMG_9781.JPEG

DSC_2974_s.jpg

DSC_2981_s.jpg
DSC_2947_s.jpg
DSC_3005_s.jpg
DSC_2974crop_s.jpg

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Same, had one of girls with me, so we only stayed a couple of hours and then headed on. The whole thing was really really good, my wee girl loved the museum part, there was so much to see.
Car is mega, definitely so well done and sounds amazing. It was so nice to catch up with you again even if just briefly. So happy to hear you enjoyed the event :grinning:

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Car is mega, definitely so well done and sounds amazing. It was so nice to catch up with you again even if just briefly. So happy to hear you enjoyed the event :grinning:
Very much so, and good to see you again too.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Picked up a size 4 Carcoon earlier in the year, car has been parked in a couple of weeks now just to try it out, seems to work well even in the rain and wind recently. Plan to give the car a rest over the winter, fit rear discs, service it and polish up the paint work.
8E2939E6-AE60-466F-B592-53A34F121BF7.jpeg

47Moose

RMS Member
Hi @saxo_man, your car looks fantastic. I found the forum doing research on MX-5s and wheels for them in particular.
I have a couple of questions for you if you don’t mind.
Are you running spacers with the OZ wheels or did the offsets just work out nicely to fill out the arches?

When you were still on the Mazda recaro edition wheels and running the 20mm spacers, was that all 4 corners and did it rub at all?

Again, fantastic looking ND.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
That's a great little car to have and even better that it was your dad's too. Must be great around some of the roads in your area. TBH, I wouldn't touch a thing other than filling every cavity and surface underneath with good rustproofing to keep it nice.

If you do anything do this! Future proof it now and you'll enjoy it for many years to come

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Hi @saxo_man, your car looks fantastic. I found the forum doing research on MX-5s and wheels for them in particular.
I have a couple of questions for you if you don’t mind.
Are you running spacers with the OZ wheels or did the offsets just work out nicely to fill out the arches?

When you were still on the Mazda recaro edition wheels and running the 20mm spacers, was that all 4 corners and did it rub at all?

Again, fantastic looking ND.
Hi
I was running 15mm on the front and 20mm on the rear on the standard wheels and there was no rubbing at all. When I ordered the OZs I bought them in 7x17 et44 which was almost the same as the oem wheels 7x17 et45, and used the same spacer set up. I since lowered the car with eibach springs and there is still no running on the standard tyre size 205/45/17. I did have to shorten the studs on the car to prevent the bolts fouling the alloys inner face. Normally wheels have a little pocket behind them between the stud holes but the OZs in et44 are flat.

47Moose

RMS Member
Hi
I was running 15mm on the front and 20mm on the rear on the standard wheels and there was no rubbing at all. When I ordered the OZs I bought them in 7x17 et44 which was almost the same as the oem wheels 7x17 et45, and used the same spacer set up. I since lowered the car with eibach springs and there is still no running on the standard tyre size 205/45/17. I did have to shorten the studs on the car to prevent the bolts fouling the alloys inner face. Normally wheels have a little pocket behind them between the stud holes but the OZs in et44 are flat.
Many thanks for the info.
Recaro Edition ND is a front runner for my next car, so this thread has been a goldmine. 👍🏼

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Time to get the Mazda out again 🚘
Fitted new rear brakes discs and pads that have been lying under the sofa for a few months - Mtec grooved discs and genuine Mazda pads - with the open design of the wheel these should look a bit better.
8ADB0978-AA8C-4E1A-900F-33C32078D30F.jpeg
F0F1B77A-CBFE-419C-8031-D205FE217462.jpeg
16D6F755-4889-451D-8FBF-438862FB5EE4.jpeg
F8546012-DB8B-42C2-B12F-24A07CC91E16.jpeg