2.2 diesel engine (N22B3) for 2011 Honda CRV

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Hi all
I'm looking for a bit of help. A good friend and neighbour needs a new engine in their 2011 Honda CRV. It's a 2.2 ctdi N22B3 - and so far the car has been off the road for months as they cant find one
Would any of you fine folk have one, or be able to point be in the right direction to be able to help them?
Many thanks
Niall

Last edited:

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Hi all
I'm looking for a bit of help. A good friend and neighbour needs a new engine in their 2011 Honda CRV. It's a 2.2 ctdi N22B3 - and so far the car has been off the road for months as they cant find one
Would any of you fine folk have one, or be able to point be in the right direction to be able to help them?
Many thanks
Niall

@Thumper is sure to have one?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Seems to be a good few on ebay, although they're not cheap.

Can the current one not be repaired ?

Although some complete CRV's on ebay...would make you question if it's even worth repairing given prices of engines.

Cookies

RMS Regular
OP
Cookies
Drives
BMW
Seems to be a good few on ebay, although they're not cheap.

Can the current one not be repaired ?

Although some complete CRV's on ebay...would make you question if it's even worth repairing given prices of engines.
There are a few on ebay, but apparently the B3 I-dec engine is hard to find. And it's a different 'fit' to the ones listed. Some of the CRVs that year came with a b1 engine, but again, different fit.

The engine is toast. Turbo failed, and it started running on its own engine oil and the neighbours couldnt turn it off until it killed itself apparently.

I spoke to the guy at AMC Breakers in Bellaghy, and he has a B4 engine which is the same as the b3 - bar the turbo & egr. We're just checking now to see whether that would work. Fingers crossed.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Anything more descriptive than "killed itself" ?

It just stopped eventually ? threw rods ? crank ? other ?

By time they source an engine ( unknown condition ), turbo etc etc etc and have it fitted, it could be a fair gamble and big bill. What is the vehicle worth ? Some on ebay for 2011 are down around £4-5k.....sounds like the repair bill could end up near that

Cookies

RMS Regular
OP
Cookies
Drives
BMW
Anything more descriptive than "killed itself" ?

It just stopped eventually ? threw rods ? crank ? other ?

By time they source an engine ( unknown condition ), turbo etc etc etc and have it fitted, it could be a fair gamble and big bill. What is the vehicle worth ? Some on ebay for 2011 are down around £4-5k.....sounds like the repair bill could end up near that
Unfortunately not. My friends arent in any way car savvy, so just summed up what their mechanic said, and I'm getting that as second-hand detail.
I appreciate they're likely going to get a big bill, but they seem to understand the costs involved.
Cheers
Cooks