20 years of aerosols...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
We started mixing custom colour matched paint aerosols in 1995, in those twenty years every mixed aerosol gets tested with a light dusting on the edge of a bench in the Paint Store.

Today was a sad day, Adrian finally had to give in and chop it off so he could get in the door!

This is what 20 years of aerosol tests look like....

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Class.maybe you would have a match in there somewhere for my 93 205 Gti lol.need a touch up if I could ever find out the colour of it.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Seen this on FB & genuinely believe it belongs in the Tate Modern

Yeah it really is fantastic. We're thinking of getting something done with it, just not sure what.

Class.maybe you would have a match in there somewhere for my 93 205 Gti lol.need a touch up if I could ever find out the colour of it.

I'm sure it would be easily enough matched mate, bring it in sometime.

Was it easy enough to cut through? What are you doing to do with the cut-off?

It took AGES to cut through with a saw....10 times harder than cutting through a bit of wood!

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
Who knows?
Unreal!! That is class looking! You should maybe cut a section off it, get it polished up and use it as some sort of display in the shop?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
@Woodcutter if that is possible It would be much appreciated .Need some cleaning products whilst I'm there.

Not a problem @zafturbo , is the car an original colour? If so we should be able to match it ok. If not, if you could leave us with a sample (petrol cap for example) we can send it to our supplier to have it matched with a spectrophotometer.

Unreal!! That is class looking! You should maybe cut a section off it, get it polished up and use it as some sort of display in the shop?

Yeah I'm thinking we could probably get a few thin layers sliced off it, polished a bit and perhaps mounted. Need to find someone who could do it though.

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Yeah I'm thinking we could probably get a few thin layers sliced off it, polished a bit and perhaps mounted. Need to find someone who could do it though.

Like running it through a band saw, or something more precise. What ever you do I would love to see it, framed or whatever!

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I think it is an original colour .it is a sort of blue/grey whereas my other one is def a graphite grey.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Get a thin, flat cut and mount it to a frame.

Get as many made as possible, car bufties would buy them.

Reminds me of this paint mixing stick.

baokI1e.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.