2017 Mini John Cooper 230bhp Works in White/silver

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Martyn

RMS Regular
Bit of a story to this one. In July I took my partner over to Silverstone with me to a Porsche Experience Day.

She is in no way a petrol head but she came along reluctantly and to be honest she was pretty nervous about the day.

The guys at Silverstone had reserved a Boxster S for her with a pdk gearbox and the deal was if she wasn't enjoying herself she could let the instructor take her out for a few fast laps and then chill in the restaurant for the rest of the day.

Anyway she ended up having a complete ball and left the track with a itch to buy a faster everyday car that handled well.

Her current car was a Mini Cooper and after looking at numerous Golf Gtis and Golf R's with DSG gearboxes she decided to go and look and what Mini could offer.

She settled for the Mini John Cooper works with a sports automatic gearbox.

It's a quick wee car 2litre with 230bhp - certainly no slouch.

I will get some more pics up, but in the meantime:

IMG_2316.JPG

richie_mck

RMS Regular
That looks fantastic, gorgeous colour. They really are a fantastic wee car to be in, so much fun to be in.

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
That is lovely!!! What is the auto box like in it?

It is fantastic... but I would say that. I am now hooked on auto boxes as I have pdk in my Cayman.

All you have to do is hold on and keep the foot down.

The upside is it's quicker with auto and more fuel efficient. But that seems to be the case with most automatics these days.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
It is fantastic... but I would say that. I am now hooked on auto boxes as I have pdk in my Cayman.

All you have to do is hold on and keep the foot down.

The upside is it's quicker with auto and more fuel efficient. But that seems to be the case with most automatics these days.

Is it as good as a dsg or dct type? I've a wee polo gti dsg and wouldn't be interested in another manual car for the daily commute

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
Is it as good as a dsg or dct type? I've a wee polo gti dsg and wouldn't be interested in another manual car for the daily commute

I would rate the box as good as what is in the Porsche..

It is seamless.

Funny how even you are converted to the dsg.

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Would this have belted passed the house earlier at a million miles an hour in Banbridge? One very similar certainly did.... Pops and bangs sounded great!

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
JCW Minis are great cars. Having had three of them in the past, the wife has mentioned the latest white/silver as one she really likes! HTD.

Smoothie

RMS Regular
Drives
F54 Clubman
Very cool. Best colour combo. I had one much the same in auto couple years ago when they launched. Would take another tomorrow

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Looks great, love the colour.

Also agree on the gearbox, my last 3 Audis have been S-tronic and I can't ever see myself going back to a manual box.

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI

My GF has one albeit in Cooper SD guise (despite me pleading to get a JCW Copper S) but same box.

It's great. Awesome for normal driving then does it's job perfectly when you want to hammer along. Right up there with DSG which i'm a fan of.

They're an awesome handling wee thing and can only imagine how much better that is with the proper engine. The GFs car just seems to egg you on to go harder and harder. Proper go-kart feel.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Mrs. Deezer has the 3 cylinder 1.5 petrol turbo Cooper and it's a cracking car. Manual box though and my Golf is DSG so not so keen on driving it now. Would find it very difficult to go back to a manual box now. In fact, I'd only have a manual if I had no choice. I seriously considered an auto JCW when I got the Golf but the Golf actually worked out cheaper

Jason

RMS Regular
Nice spec! We've sold quite a few new model Cooper D 1.5's and the 3cyl works a treat, have a 6 speed auto in atm and box is every bit as good as dsg etc.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.