2002 Audi A3 1.8T

Gambit

RMS Regular
Was in need of a runaround for a few months and seen this wee a3 2002 1.8T with only 85k mile on it on facebook. Had its timing belt and pump done at 80k

Car is totally standard & untouched bar a set of wheels - as mike brewer says, it's a very honest wee car. Even under bonnet has all original vw clamps on pipes etc

Inside has full Alcantara interior but needs cleaned big time!

Needs a wee tidy up in places, wee trim bits replaced but mainly just a good clean. Going to get the rear bumper painted this week, new centre caps ordered, headlights need polished also and then just basic servicing (y)

drive so well though - surprised me!

Gives me something to tinker with also :grinning:

20200912_111209.jpg

20200912_112618.jpg

20200912_112644.jpg

20200912_131721.jpg

20200912_135802.jpg

Last edited:

brendy7

RMS Regular
Aye it was left into my work like you say it is an honest we car I liked the fact it was all there and standard wouldnt take much to have it mint.
Hope it serves you well

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
Aye it was left into my work like you say it is an honest we car I liked the fact it was all there and standard wouldnt take much to have it mint.
Hope it serves you well
ahh nice one. yeah thats what i liked about it, that its all very original and wont take a lot to make it a tidy wee run about.

i know Stanley through my sister so he said he could get the few bits sorted for me handy enough to save me trekking it back up to Belfast then on to somewhere else to sort. So it was bought on the tuesday night, dropped to his premises on the wednesday then left over to yourselves and then picked up & driven back to Belfast by me saturday morning. Quick turnaround that!

ItsAdamC

RMS Regular
Drives
Scrappers
I've definitely got a soft spot for this era of VAG stuff, I'm sure it'll serve you well for years to come! A set of lowering springs will transform it! I had JOM (cheap ebay) coilovers on my mk4 golf and it rode well and transformed the handling from a boat to reasonably competent in the bends, considerably better than the FKs i had in the 207 before that car!

Rossios

RMS Regular
I've a set of H&R race springs off my MK4 golf, meant to be 50mm front and 45mm rear, but gave me closer to a 40mm drop all around if any use to you?

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I've a set of H&R race springs off my MK4 golf, meant to be 50mm front and 45mm rear, but gave me closer to a 40mm drop all around if any use to you?
Any photos of the height level from side on @Rossios ? I've been debating swapping to these springs myself as the H&R I have are more like OEM. Car looked nice and smart at TD the other day btw (y):cool:

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
I've a set of ProSports in my A3 and it drives really nice now. Very impressed for how cheap they were.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Sorry yes, ProSport coilovers. I just have it set really low, but I could raise it up a fair bit and it would probably be even more comfortable.

KJS

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Tiguan
Looking great Craig, is this the 150bhp variant?
You still have the Scooby?

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
Looking great Craig, is this the 150bhp variant?
You still have the Scooby?

awright KJ - it is indeed the 150bhp variant though it has the k03s turbo on it so would map higher easily - only the a3 quattro got the 180bhp

yeah still have scooby just off the road at the mo awaiting some work done to it.
Great job on the headlights (y)

was about 2hrs worth to bring them back, and probably could go again on them!

Reactions: KJS

KJS

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Tiguan
awright KJ - it is indeed the 150bhp variant though it has the k03s turbo on it so would map higher easily - only the a3 quattro got the 180bhp

Nice one (y) so same setup as my old Polo GTI (BJX engine). With k03s turbo it should map to 180-190Bhp.

yeah still have scooby just off the road at the mo awaiting some work done to it.

Ohh full forge build? :grinning:

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
Nice one (y) so same setup as my old Polo GTI (BJX engine). With k03s turbo it should map to 180-190Bhp.

Ohh full forge build? :grinning:
yeah to fair i dont even know if ill bother mapping it - it'll never be quick quick so may as well just enjoy it as it is, slight lowerage might be enough for it!

sure the scoob already is forged (way back in 2013) - its just having some minor complications so its up at OMA to rectify as & when they get a slot for it

Reactions: KJS

Rossios

RMS Regular
Any photos of the height level from side on @Rossios ? I've been debating swapping to these springs myself as the H&R I have are more like OEM. Car looked nice and smart at TD the other day btw (y):cool:
No side pics unfortunately as I only had them in for a few weeks and swapped to coilovers, I've a photo somewhere of them on the car I'll try to find it this week and PM it to you. Thanks! Was a big panic last week to get it ready, car is 90% the way I want it :cool:
Is that them fitted to the mk4 in your avatar? if so they look a bit too low for what im looking.
The photo on my avatar is on coilovers, but them springs are very similar and only slightly higher (y)

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
Was chasing a wee vacuum leak that just couldnt find so left it with Davey @ Sandown and he found it and sorted it.

Cleaned throttle body out and stuck a new set of plugs in it also though others weren't too bad if honest. Car is now running like a sewing machine.

Light switch changed also and next up will be climate control change which is also suffering from long finger nail wear!!

20200926_110306.jpg

20200926_110552.jpg

20200926_110557.jpg

Eibachs n new shocks next up for just a small drop and thatll be it sweet.

20200926_155740.jpg