2003 Honda 600RR

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Well after about 20years of wanting a 600RR ive finally got there and so glad i did!
Im not one for needing or wanting the newest model with all the bells and whistles as to me this is a Meeting Your Idol feeling, i always wanted the first verison of the 600RR ever since a mates brother lent me a motorbike magazine with the test ride/review of the 2003 model.
So i took a real itch for one recently and the plan was if the right one came up id finally buy one.
Advertised the Hornet and it was sold in about 3 days as it was spotless!

I looked around for a good while and was thinking of the newer 07/08 model but kept going back to the 03 verison as to me its just perfection but it had to be in red/black colour scheme!!

So after abit of searching for the right one with good history etc and also abit of luck i struck a deal for a 2003 600RR across the water.
I am the 4th owner of the bike with the first owner having it 13years then the seller i got it off knew the previous owner so all sounded good to me.

BUT here is the best part about the bike, there is only 3500miles on it!
Yep thats right lol, at the start i thought the seller had forgot to put the last 0 on his message but yes it had only 3500mile on it!
All checks were done and then i got sent all the invoices in the big folder he had, still had both original keys/remotes along with all service books and every MOT so all the info i was after!
So to say im happy with it is an understatement!

Overall bike is very clean, one wee mark below the headlight and another stonechip down at bottom of fairing but id expect the odd mark so il sort them!

I got Ady to bring it over, who id recommend to anyone needing a bike brought over as he was more than helpful.
Ady was saying John mcguinness was admiring the bike as he was talking to him so that was nice to hear😊

Took it a small run yesterday as it wasnt taxed, it goes the best and feel like im going to enjoy it!!!
The only issue is there was a slight misfire/hesitation under 2k when it heated up, thinking a plug or coilpack as it had been sitting so nothing serious but il look into it today!
Well il shut up now and put up some photos!
It still needs a good clean.
20220520_114519.jpg

IMG-20220504-WA0028.jpg

20220521_184929.jpg

IMG-20220504-WA0020.jpg

20220520_174323.jpg

20220520_174333.jpg

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Hard to believe these are on the go for long now as still look like quite uptodate. I remember them being big news in the press back then. A great bike to hold onto in standard condition.

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
Drives
That’s a beauty! I remembering lusting after these when they were released, swooning over them in IT class in high school. Health to ride, you’d be hard pressed to find a cleaner one I’m sure!

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Hard to believe these are on the go for long now as still look like quite uptodate. I remember them being big news in the press back then. A great bike to hold onto in standard condition.

Yes i still think they fit in well with the look of modern day sports bikes.
Only modification done is a tail tidy and il maybe fit a new exhaust if i can get a Akrapovic or Yoshimura pipe.
That’s a beauty! I remembering lusting after these when they were released, swooning over them in IT class in high school. Health to ride, you’d be hard pressed to find a cleaner one I’m sure!

I was exactly the same, absolutely loved the look of them soon as i seen them when first released.
The swing arm could do with being painted as afew chips on it too but all the wee bits will be sorted in time.
I will definitely be getting use out of it and not keeping it tucked away too much😊
This will be a keeper as il not get another like it!
Outstanding! Had one of these a few years ago, great all rounder, handle brilliantly

Good to hear @Lappintyre ive only done a handful of miles so far but the front feels so stable and planted!

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Delicious. These were new whenever I was just becoming conscious/interested in motorbikes at age 13/14 and they were my firm favourite supersport. Came close to buying one a few times in the past for solely nostalgic purposes but then my brain kicks in and reminds me how much drop bars affect my carpal tunnel, so rather than taint the memories of my adolescent fantasys with a painful riding experience I’ve thought it best to leave it 😢

Lee

RMS Regular
That looks like a clinker @domo gti health to ride. With such low mileage you can ride away at it and it'll still be fresh! I'm pretty sure the swingarm is lacquered brushed aluminium, or at least it is on the blade.

Gibonz

RMS Regular
Drives
W204
Lovely bikes, and in the best colour scheme for an RR3.

The fuel gauge on these are so handy, wish my gixxer had one lol

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
That looks like a clinker @domo gti health to ride. With such low mileage you can ride away at it and it'll still be fresh! I'm pretty sure the swingarm is lacquered brushed aluminium, or at least it is on the blade.

Cheers @Lee i love it being such low mileage. The swingarm is brushed aluminium but dont think mine is lacquered but il get it sorted at some point! Need to get it out for a good run first 😊

Stunning, and rare to find an example with those miles. An exhaust and a seat cowl is all that needs. Health to ride.

Cheers, literally couldnt believe the mileage when the owner told me, think this will be a keeper for good!
An exhaust is on the list but next up is a set of tyres! Your advice helped me when choosing what year to go for so i appreciate the help 👍

Lovely bikes, and in the best colour scheme for an RR3.

The fuel gauge on these are so handy, wish my gixxer had one lol

It had to be in red&black for me as i think hasnt aged in them colours.
Fuel gauge is a bonus as the hornet didnt have one so im living in luxury now🤣
Simply awesome buddy HTR

Thank you kind Sir😎

Reactions: Lee

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Cheers @Lee i love it being such low mileage. The swingarm is brushed aluminium but dont think mine is lacquered but il get it sorted at some point! Need to get it out for a good run first 😊

Cheers, literally couldnt believe the mileage when the owner told me, think this will be a keeper for good!
An exhaust is on the list but next up is a set of tyres! Your advice helped me when choosing what year to go for so i appreciate the help 👍

It had to be in red&black for me as i think hasnt aged in them colours.
Fuel gauge is a bonus as the hornet didnt have one so im living in luxury now🤣

Thank you kind Sir😎

You picked a stunner. The early ones deliver some bang for the buck, they are so much fun.

Give me a shout if your ever out and you can hear my yoshimira, you can't go wrong with either it or the akrapovic, but they still sound great with the standard exhaust.

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Such a lovely looking bike, HTR!

Thanks mate👍
Just need to get a couple of things sorted before Friday so i can get it out over the weekend to get a proper feel for it as weather is to be great so want to make the most of it!

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Misfire is cured!
20220526_154143.jpg

New NGK plugs fitted tonight, took the bike a quick run before dark and its running like a dream! Its a rocketship compared to the Hornet😊 now just need to get used to a sportsbike.

Will be trying to get out of work early tomorrow so i can get afew hours on the bike but if not i will be out on Saturday before the beers and champions league final starts!

Absolutely love the bike!
Gave it a polish last night while bored!
20220526_212805.jpg

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Wasnt happy with the tyres as they were still the original tyres, i know the bike is very low mileage but i cant understand how the were never changed before!

Got a set of Bridgestone S22 fitted on Saturday morning by down at hursts who again were great to deal with.
Got out for a good run yesterday with a mate on his GSXR750.

Absolutely quality day out and the RR feels so nimble to me. £20 of fuel gone and a big smile on my face afterwards so an afternoon well spent😎

Next up.... Find a Yoshimura or Akrapovic

20220528_190030.jpg

20220529_174452.jpg

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Wasnt happy with the tyres as they were still the original tyres, i know the bike is very low mileage but i cant understand how the were never changed before!

Got a set of Bridgestone S22 fitted on Saturday morning by down at hursts who again were great to deal with.
Got out for a good run yesterday with a mate on his GSXR750.

Absolutely quality day out and the RR feels so nimble to me. £20 of fuel gone and a big smile on my face afterwards so an afternoon well spent😎

Next up.... Find a Yoshimura or Akrapovic

View attachment 363053
View attachment 363054

Great tyre, what size of rear tyre did you go for?

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Great tyre, what size of rear tyre did you go for?

I just went for standard size 120/70/17 & 180/55/17.
I am impressed with the S22 tyre. They got good write ups and so far im impressed by them.
That is magnificent looking. Best of luck with it.

Thanks, appreciate the kind words 👍
Im in love with it🤣