2003 Honda Integra Type-R DC5 [Mini Restoration]

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
So I compromised. Sourced the Mrs a SEAT Alhambra 2.0 TDI 184BHP DSG through work. Perfect spec, here it is in all it’s uncleaned glory.

Exactly the spec we were after. The SE Lux they come with

-Full Leather Heated Leather
-Power Sliding Doors
-Power Tailgate
-Panoramic Sunroof
-Sat Nav/DAB
-Reversing Camera

Actually goes well for a big bus! Lovely to sit in.

074A0F1B-8A66-4A1B-9B05-578439E1C827.jpeg

I myself now have another project, which I’ll make a separate thread on when the time comes. I didn’t plan on buying it but I couldn’t turn it down. I 100% overpaid for this... but I don’t care because I can’t find anything like it anywhere in this colour.

1999 Subaru Impreza UK Turbo
Original ‘Bright Red’ Colour Code
64,000 Miles
2 Original Keys
2 previous keepers (last one had it 5 years in dry storage)

Full Subaru History. I mean full. It has 25 Stamps in the book and every single receipt from new from Subaru. The services; The tyres; the bulbs; the new radiator; 3 timing belts etc... all Subaru. I have never seen a history like it.

It even has the original invoice for the car. He spec’d the ‘ice warning system’ at a resasonable £80. Also quite rare for a UK car it has the Aircon at a not so reasonable £1,500 factory option back in 1999!

Needs some work underneath (as they all do or have done at this age...) but I’m booked in with KRCR to get an idea on what is best moving forward. The actual bodywork and outer arches are so sharp looking. Would like the underside to match.

It’s totally original bar a genuine STI Backbox. That’s it. The interior is immaculate and no wear to any seats or steering wheel/gear knob.

Excuse the crap photos, they were taken before work and it was still half dark lol.

E53E073C-AAEC-4183-B2A9-77013F52F077.jpeg

1911C5A2-F42E-4742-8EB9-896D40F5DF8E.jpeg

B7B4CF69-2278-4BE2-9804-246D019DA0D3.jpeg

Proper pictures and thread to follow.

Last edited:

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I dunno what it is, but see classic Imprezas (Turbos, WRXs or STIs, not GLs) or Evo 6s, they seem to have just disappeared. I've been looking for a while now for a nice ver 5 or 6 STI (or even a nice Evo 6 GSR) and they don't come up very often. That's quite a find you have there.

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
Wow, what a find!! Where did you come across that??

(the Impreza obviously lol)

My Dad actually found it! I look every day and missed the advert completely. The advert was terrible.... It was so difficult to get the guy to answer the phone and when he did he made it so difficult to view it. I was off all week and it actually took me near the full week for him to arrange to allow me to come down and view/buy it! I was so nearly going to give up!

I was more interested in the story behind the Alhambra.

Haha! She is the bus! Love it :grinning:

I dunno what it is, but see classic Imprezas (Turbos, WRXs or STIs, not GLs) or Evo 6s, they seem to have just disappeared. I've been looking for a while now for a nice ver 5 or 6 STI (or even a nice Evo 6 GSR) and they don't come up very often. That's quite a find you have there.

Same! I've been looking for a while they have all but disappeared. Even 5/6 years ago there were loads about. Do a search now on UsedCarsNI at the moment and there is 6 Subaru Imprezas. All Newage Blobeye and above.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Once the house move is done and I see what money I have left, I'll see if I can stretch to importing a classic STI, or finding a gem like yours there. That's an unreal find, it will only go up in value as it sits. Seriously jealous. :joy: