2003 Mini Cooper R50

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Another wee addition to Sheldon, a boy racer-ish sun strip lol
E68B0434-2B94-4032-B59A-5C45FD6DC142.jpeg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Going to attempt to replaced vinyl yourself? TBH I think it would look better without it - just keep the roof and mirrors

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Going to attempt to replaced vinyl yourself? TBH I think it would look better without it - just keep the roof and mirrors
Yea I’m waiting on a good warm day to hopefully help with the removal of the vinyl. As for wether or not I replace it, it depends on how much of a colour difference the paint is underneath.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Don't think you will have much choice after a lifetime with those stripes on. I think they suit a Mini anyway, especially those earlier ones. But would @@@@ myself pulling it off old paint, never mind getting a new one on straight and without kinks or bubbles 🤫 🙈

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Don't think you will have much choice after a lifetime with those stripes on. I think they suit a Mini anyway, especially those earlier ones. But would @@@@ myself pulling it off old paint, never mind getting a new one on straight and without kinks or bubbles 🤫 🙈
Yea that’s my thoughts too, those stripes have been on for maybe 19yrs. As for pulling off paint, there’s lacquer peel on the bonnet, so I imagine there’s gonna be more lacquer coming off!

As for getting them straight, I’m sure I can follow the different colour of paint!! 😂

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Sure you can clean up and paint the wiper arms while you're thinking about the stripes :joy:

The 944 has big vinyl stone chip protection pieces that dry out and crack like that over the years. I\ve ignored mine, but I see people online using some form of (I think 3M make it) spinny flappy wheel you put in a drill to clean off old vinyl. Must look them up.

This kind of thing: Amazon.co.uk

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Really I need an Aygo something that’s dead cheap to tax and fuel must resist temptation 🤣
Don't resist 😁

Can you even fit a Pizza in an Aygo? :innocent: They're actually good fun to drive. Literally flat out everywhere, and if you squint a bit they sound a bit like a Porsche from the inside :cool:

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Might have a diesel mini coming?
It might be a possibility but think I’d prefer petrol
Don't resist 😁

Can you even fit a Pizza in an Aygo? :innocent: They're actually good fun to drive. Literally flat out everywhere, and if you squint a bit they sound a bit like a Porsche from the inside :cool:
It’s the minis I’m trying to resist an Aygo is the sensible choice 🤣

I’ll not spam Brian’s thread anymore.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Sure you can clean up and paint the wiper arms while you're thinking about the stripes :joy:

The 944 has big vinyl stone chip protection pieces that dry out and crack like that over the years. I\ve ignored mine, but I see people online using some form of (I think 3M make it) spinny flappy wheel you put in a drill to clean off old vinyl. Must look them up.

This kind of thing: Amazon.co.uk
Ah the old toffee wheel! Good shout Andy!
I’m looking out for a sub £1k pizza delivery car and these keep popping up at good money. Really I need an Aygo something that’s dead cheap to tax and fuel must resist temptation 🤣
View attachment 365011
When are you going to view this then? 😬😉😂

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Go ahead I’ve pretty much decided to buy a tiny petrol.

Nooooooo I really need something with a tiny engine that sips fuel 🤣
Then a MINI definitely isn’t for you!! 😂😂 that’s my only gripe with this car, it’s not economical at all! It doesn’t help that I drive it flat out everywhere!! 😂😂😂

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.