2003 Mini Cooper R50

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Hearts of lions, gents. Did a FWD clutch once when I was in my 20’s and never again.
Just done a Nova clutch in less than 2 hours, and likely could have done it quicker. Why more cars don't have the removable plate so the box doesn't have to come out is beyond me, makes it a gift.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Ah ok! Again, good to know! Is the steering knuckle as hard as the facebookers make it look to remove?

13mm nut I think. I usually use the air ratchet on it. Tap it off with a long bar and knock the knuckle out of the way. Drop the steering rack with the subframe - remove the reservoir from the clamp and carefully let it come down with the subframe. Air tools will help if you have access to them.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Just done a Nova clutch in less than 2 hours, and likely could have done it quicker. Why more cars don't have the removable plate so the box doesn't have to come out is beyond me, makes it a gift.
How would you get the clutch plate off the input shaft without taking the box off.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
How would you get the clutch plate off the input shaft without taking the box off.
Iirc there used to be a wee panel at the end of the gearbox which when removed allowed you to pull the input shaft back a few inches to allow the removal of the clutch plate.

Edit:- @AMG beat me to it lol, but yea those were the days!! Didn’t even need a clutch alignment tool either lol

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
That’s class and so much better than pulling the whole box off. I’ve done dozens of the old education authority yellow mini buses clutch and flywheels in a pit but only once on a front wheel drive and I never want to do one ever again 🤣

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
For some reason I missed this post on Facebook, but someone on the RMS staff is a comedian! 😂😂 “haven’t sold it…..” 😂😂
67F56624-455A-4040-BA19-8AF3288C7C86.png

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
Thanks folks and yea @dh1079 I felt a sense of pride wash over me when she rang the bell. She still has another 15 injections to get of some sort of chemo related drug and starts a 5yr long course of hormone treatment tonight.
@Blackie small victories buddy add up to winning war I’m eating 32 tablets a day keeping things at bay but each day is different good/bad/terrible but still a win being here

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Good to hear buddy! Always checking your threads as i love to see the tinkering (y)

Bryan

RMS Regular
I started stripping the yellow parts car I bought today and discovered that it has a Getrag box in it. I don't know why it has that box since it's January 2002 but there you go. If I'd known it had that I'd have given you the whole lot but the 6 speed will be much better.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I started stripping the yellow parts car I bought today and discovered that it has a Getrag box in it. I don't know why it has that box since it's January 2002 but there you go. If I'd known it had that I'd have given you the whole lot but the 6 speed will be much better.
Always the way mate!! Lol. Thanks for the thought though, I truly appreciate it. Tell me, do they use the same gear cables as the Midlands?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.