2003 Vauxhall VX220 2.2

jonny.92

RMS Regular
Think I spotted you on the westlink in this, Lisburn bound, last Thursday? I was in the red A6. It really is a tiny car when you see it beside a 3 series or something lol, it sounded well (y)

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24

Maybe off interest
Screenshot_20191225_194315_com.facebook.katana.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lots of nice bits there. Looks like it's been rolled though, just a question how much is actually usable still.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
It’s a turbo too so not much that’s any use to me. Seats are cool but small fortune.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Did these come with double fans? The fan only does anything when the car isn't moving, once on the go it's basically just in the way. The S2 had two but that was to manage the AC cooling as well. The S1 only has one and it's never been an issue.

Well, except when the radiator inevitably develops a leak but that's a different story :innocent:

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
you've become quite the expert at doing rads now.. fancy doing mine? :joy:

rad is handy enough its getting the clam off. Rusty bolts galore.
Did these come with double fans? The fan only does anything when the car isn't moving, once on the go it's basically just in the way. The S2 had two but that was to manage the AC cooling as well. The S1 only has one and it's never been an issue.

Well, except when the radiator inevitably develops a leak but that's a different story :innocent:

I might drop one if it becomes a problem but should help with the pitlane cooling.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It won't be a problem, just maybe excessive (y)

Might drain the battery, it's pretty feable on the Elise, just about manages one start, lol. But they are only on with the ignition on so that shouldn't be a problem.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Surely if it's on a trickle charger (I assume it is if it's garaged away for track duties), then the smaller battery shouldn't be a problem?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I run two on the MX5. One through the sensor and another through a switch. Definitely a nice thing to have after you've come off track and don't want to just turn it off. Made a noticeable difference from running just a single. Also useful for low speed / high rev stuff though doubt the VX would see those sort of shenanigans lol

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
The VX has a chunky enough battery to be fair. But it will be running anyway to keep the pump running. Not much point cooling the rad if it’s 6 feet away from the engine.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Lovely job sir. Had Cooper sent his back? :joy:

Was it a plug and play fitment? Very tempted to get one for the Civic. The Hondata ECU makes an install very straight forward.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
its specific to the Lotus platform so as long as you have the appropriate patch cable it really is plug & play. There is an App to control it (different screens) and setup to your preferences etc.

nice piece of kit. Update coming soon where it integrates with Harrys Lap Timer too which will be ace!