2003 Vauxhall VX220 2.2

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
was also forced into buying these. the rear toe links are a known weak point on all VXs/Elies/Exiges and get even worse if you run semi slicks. Being on 93k they were definitely a worry. You can replace with OEM but doesnt "fix" the problem and not exactly cheap either. So got this kit to replace the lot.

zero performance benefit, but hopefully keep me on the black stuff. failures usually end in tears. And at least they are pretty

2019-10-02 17.14.02.jpg
2019-10-02 17.14.06.jpg

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
So with the coilovers all fitted I took it out a run and immediately thought this is undriveable it was so hard. Would also try to throw you off the road at any kind of bump. Got it home and fiddled with the adjusters which were pretty much on full hard all round. Back to a few clicks from soft and its 100000% better for the road. adjusters are easily (ish) accessible without jacking so next trackday will be spent fiddling :grinning:

Commute in this morning felt pretty good (though still have the ZZR semi slicks on so no heroics)

Sitting about 30mm down all round. Cleared the speedbumps in work so think Ill stick with that.

2019-10-08 07.32.03.jpg

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Size of it compared to the beemer lol. You not tempted to take the front down another wee bit?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I have mine about 2-3 clicks from fully open on the road.

On track around 8-10 down from fully closed on a dry day, 10-12 down on a wet day.

Fully closed isn't really a good idea for a lot of reasons 😇

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I have a corner weight gauge if you need it, it's basic but does the job. It does make a big difference, it's a 10mm difference in ride height side to side with the driver weight in or not, for example. It's a bit of a faff but you only need to do it once.

Most tyre places can do the front and rear toe. It's the same with that, make sure they put the driver weight in when setting it, etc. Not all places can/will do this. You can do it yourself but it is a bit of a faff too, lol.

Cambers - just use the "racier" recommended values from Seloc. Again, a bit of a faff but you only ever do this once.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
I have a corner weight gauge if you need it, it's basic but does the job. It does make a big difference, it's a 10mm difference in ride height side to side with the driver weight in or not, for example.

and more importantly your balance Front to Rear..

Sorry to jump onto @pablo 's thread... who would you recommend for corner weighting?

Sorry, I cant really recommend anyone off hand, I only use a guy in Dromore for all my Geometry but he is flat out all the time.

I'd imagine DGM Motorsport in Carryduff could probably do a decent setup on it.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
I wont be doing mine until the winter refresh is done. suspension all coming out for a refurb anyway so doesnt make sense to do it for the 2 trackdays left in 2019

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
I wont be doing mine until the winter refresh is done. suspension all coming out for a refurb anyway so doesnt make sense to do it for the 2 trackdays left in 2019

Yes exactly, you don’t want to be touching it afterwards, probably ~£300 for a proper full setup.

Neil_M

RMS Regular

I'm in the same boat here too...

Thanks @IL for the link (y) .

Reactions: IL

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Consider painting that link with Por15. They're basically blasted every time you drive.

And get the rear bump steer set up correctly as well once in there.

Did you say you were planning a suspension refresh over winter? Getting those Nitrons sent off for a refurb would be well worth it. It makes a big difference after a couple of years of use, especially lots of track days. They come back internally and functionally like new.