2005 celica t sport (saved from certain death) pic heavy

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Great detail and love the restoration - some very slight lowering and spacing will finish off the look (bar the paint of course)

Are you planning a full respray?

Reactions: Dee

Dee

RMS Regular
OP
Dee
Drives
Vectra GSI/Corol
Great detail and love the restoration - some very slight lowering and spacing will finish off the look (bar the paint of course)

Are you planning a full respray?
Thanks Boydie, iv been looking some spacers next as all toyotas seem to suffer that look, it's had the paint done and all, everything barvthe roof and tailgate, but I think il get the roof done as it sort of looks poor in comparison to the rest, it didn't look as bad in original form, whereas now it does 😂 il probably get that finished when I locate a genuine front lip and do it all at the Same time
IMG_20191020_121130.jpg

dufunk

RMS Regular
Brakes were in a bad way on mine when I picked it up allow I got her very cheap people seems to neglect these cars a bit, love the facelift bumper makes a world of difference to the front. Are those vogtland springs? I've a set on mine bit harsh around town but great on a b road. I recently put a silencer back on mine was to loud and hard to live with prefer just hearing the induction noise on the lift I've the injen but typhoon sounds even better but could lose a bit of power its hard to know.

I've 150k on mine up there with the most reliable cars I've ever owned.

Last edited:

Dee

RMS Regular
OP
Dee
Drives
Vectra GSI/Corol
Brakes were in a bad way on mine when I picked it up allow I got her very cheap people seems to neglect these cars a bit, love the facelift bumper makes a world of difference to the front. Are those vogtland springs? I've a set on mine bit harsh around town but great on a b road. I recently put a silencer back on mine was to loud and hard to live with prefer just hearing the induction noise on the lift I've the injen but typhoon sounds even better but could lose a bit of power its hard to know.

I've 150k on mine up there with the most reliable cars I've ever owned.
Brakes are a weak point on most Toyotas I find, seized sliders are the norm in every one I own and Iv had over 20 im sure. Vogtland yes an I agree they could be a little softer, they're wild harsh. I went with the jap speed for the price, typhoon is wild expensive and tbh they're all that similar I thought why not. The cobra exhaust is silly loud aswell but it sounds amazing at about 8k. A ported exhaust manifold is apparently a good improvement as there is a restrictive lip on the ports, that's a job for when I'm sorting the small leak on the timing casing, maybe a lightened flywheel and a mr2 lsd aswell. As you say ultra reliable and go on forever

dufunk

RMS Regular
Aye I've had my bother with brakes on mr2's and is200's luckily enough the calipers are reasonably priced on the t sport had one fitted last year. I'd say with the facelift bumper it feeds more cold air in there which will help. Only headache I have at the minute is a boot seal they do tend to go on them.

I did hear they are quite restricted from factory if you can make the 2zz breath better you can make some power.

Dee

RMS Regular
OP
Dee
Drives
Vectra GSI/Corol
Aye I've had my bother with brakes on mr2's and is200's luckily enough the calipers are reasonably priced on the t sport had one fitted last year. I'd say with the facelift bumper it feeds more cold air in there which will help. Only headache I have at the minute is a boot seal they do tend to go on them.

I did hear they are quite restricted from factory if you can make the 2zz breath better you can make some power.
Lexus are as bad too yeah, boot seals are terrible, my one has a rip and they're about 130ish from memory 😢 definitely a bit restricted, apparently the jdm ecu is another good mod, lowers lift down to below 6k aswell

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
That’s an incredible job you’ve done on this, brilliant!

Love these, really nice in that colour with that interior 👍🏻

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Amazing @Dee, glad to see you back on the forum. Must get a look around the celica at some stage, rare enough to see one on the road these days never mind one this clean. Stunning.

Dee

RMS Regular
OP
Dee
Drives
Vectra GSI/Corol
That’s an incredible job you’ve done on this, brilliant!

Love these, really nice in that colour with that interior 👍🏻
Thanks buddy, yeah love the seats myself people are a bit wary when you say blue seats, but they're a decent colour of blue at least 😂
Amazing @Dee, glad to see you back on the forum. Must get a look around the celica at some stage, rare enough to see one on the road these days never mind one this clean. Stunning.
Any time youre welcome to take it a run, yeah they're certainly dying out now and rusting away which is a real shame.

biffy.2008

RMS Regular
Drives
yaris t-sport
Outstanding as always Dee, puts me to shame every car I ever see you own. Amazing attention to detail

Dee

RMS Regular
OP
Dee
Drives
Vectra GSI/Corol
Good to see the spanners are still spinning Dee.

Great turnaround on this one. Is it just me or are these newer Toyotas a bit less bulletproof? (probably just me!)
Thanks Jay, it's still ongoing too 😊, I find this era of toyotas the worst, more so due to the ignorance of people thinking "its a Toyota it will go forever regardless" and not following a good service routine. A lot of mechanics to blame aswell, doing the good old full service without taking wheels off to Check brakes properly etc. On the other hand tho if you have a Toyota with a ww series BMW diesel, that is definitely one newer Toyota that you could say is not as good as the previous stuff......... And we won't get started on pro ace vans either 🤣
Outstanding as always Dee, puts me to shame every car I ever see you own. Amazing attention to detail
Your next motor boyo 😜

Dee

RMS Regular
OP
Dee
Drives
Vectra GSI/Corol
Larger brakes on, you can clearly see the difference in pad size old to new and the original disc and caliper size behind the wheels compared to new set up. Best upgrade yet I'd say stopping power has nearly doubled. Can't believe how poor the original brakes were until now

IMG_20200117_165700.jpg
IMG_20200117_170403.jpg
IMG_20200117_170414.jpg

subie_andy33

RMS Regular
Drives
ImprezaSTI
Lovely car! Wish mine was even half as tidy as this :worried: I take it from your comment that the avensis calipers were a very worthwhile change?

Dee

RMS Regular
OP
Dee
Drives
Vectra GSI/Corol
Lovely car! Wish mine was even half as tidy as this :worried: I take it from your comment that the avensis calipers were a very worthwhile change?
Thanks appreciate it, yes definitely worth while but 100 percent to get the full benefits get the calipers rebuilt. Difference is night and day, plus the braided hoses help the bite a bit more aswell

subie_andy33

RMS Regular
Drives
ImprezaSTI
Thanks appreciate it, yes definitely worth while but 100 percent to get the full benefits get the calipers rebuilt. Difference is night and day, plus the braided hoses help the bite a bit more aswell
Hopefully will be one of my next upgrades in that case! 😊

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
@Dee what are this era of toyotas Iike for rust/rot underneath? I’m thinking of a Corolla t sport an alternative to an Ep3 Type r as they are cheap as chips but seem very similar in performance...handling aside.

Dee

RMS Regular
OP
Dee
Drives
Vectra GSI/Corol
Hopefully will be one of my next upgrades in that case! 😊
Rust can be fairly bad, so be very wary, corolla can't be bad around rear axel, sills and front wishbones rot out, but a face-lift corolla t sport is a great car, better handling than the previous tested preface lift, come with front and rear bracing and better roll bat's from factory. All they take is good coilovers or shocks to sort the handling. If you need any info give me a pm bud