2005 Shogun Elegance SWB

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
OP
suckindiesel
Drives
A6 Allroad
Will be very interested to hear your opinion on the dinitrol after a few more months. I followed the instructions to the letter, cleaned and prepared everything perfect, used the rust converter etc for surface rust, applied in a heated garage etc and after a few months it started to peel off really badly in places like wheel arches. The 'control' patch of por-15 is still perfect on the same car

Don't tell me that, I've 3 jeeps done in it here! :joy:

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
OP
suckindiesel
Drives
A6 Allroad
Had this carbon cleaned yesterday, just with the fact its had an elderly owner that's tidled about in it and done a lot of short journeys, and its already had an EGR in the main dealer. It was pretty smokey when I got it and I have to say I do notice it a tad smoother and cleaner when its sitting idling.

A couple of the wheels have corrosion on them so I will likely give in and refurb them, a few minor chips to be touched in and that will probably be all. I was told these couldn't be mapped, but have since been told it can be chipped, ECU out job, if I keep it longer term will likely do that.

In its natural habit last Saturday (and a lot dirtier):

2587488C-0053-46DD-B5D2-923E7C305A74.jpeg

Last edited:

Mac1987

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
looks a very clean looking wagon mate, i normally don't like green cars but that colour looks well & suits it, it's a nice change than seeing the usual silver & black ones about. G'luck with it

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
OP
suckindiesel
Drives
A6 Allroad
looks a very clean looking wagon mate, i normally don't like green cars but that colour looks well & suits it, it's a nice change than seeing the usual silver & black ones about. G'luck with it

Wouldn't be my first choice, but don't mind it in a 4x4. At this age I always buy condition/miles over colour unless its gash.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
OP
suckindiesel
Drives
A6 Allroad
Sent this up the road after 5,000 fault free miles - great jeep but bit too impractical being swb. Replaced it with an Amazon for now, which is a bit of a work in progress but have always wanted to run one for a bit and have been keeping an eye out for one that wasn't scrap, intergalactic mileage or stupid money for the last few years....1999, 2 owner GX with cloth and coil springs, 116k. Loving it so far...

F06781B8-4457-4511-A04C-98ED2143EBB4.jpeg

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
I had a long wheel base one 3.2, had it for about 3 weeks and it quit on me, I would work on cars myself but fancied a second/third opinion and everyone was telling me it was the injector pump had quit, but I refused to accept it lol so after a bit of diagnosing, mainly I took of the egr valve pipe and started it and she went on all cylinders.

the fault was a solenoid which had two pipes that went to the butterfly valve (if that's the correct term) for the inlet manifold and its meant to pump air to shut the butterfly valve when these engines are switched off to stop engine vibration or something, I disconnect the two pipes and she went perfect

just incase anyone ever experiences anything similar!

cost nothing to get going again just a pain the arse for a week as she was one heavy girl to tow

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
A few of the southern lads who do the targas have amazons as tow cars which I'm sure they are great at but they must use a fortune in fuel just to move them along, they are huge!

Dave..

RMS Regular
Sent this up the road after 5,000 fault free miles - great jeep but bit too impractical being swb. Replaced it with an Amazon for now, which is a bit of a work in progress but have always wanted to run one for a bit and have been keeping an eye out for one that wasn't scrap, intergalactic mileage or stupid money for the last few years....1999, 2 owner GX with cloth and coil springs, 116k. Loving it so far...

View attachment 246150
Love that. I looked at one years ago but found the seat didn’t go back far enough for my 6’4” size.
I would still love another try in one.
HTD

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars

View attachment 246150
A friend says they tow great!

IMG_20190808_213326.jpg

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
That looks like a familiar setup lol, Eamonn Byrne had his mental Yaris and his son's 106 on a similar trailer over in Wales being towed with a 'normal' Landcruiser. There was a couple of Amazon's towing Race Shuttles last year, impressive setup but mahoosive for some roads.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
OP
suckindiesel
Drives
A6 Allroad
A few of the southern lads who do the targas have amazons as tow cars which I'm sure they are great at but they must use a fortune in fuel just to move them along, they are huge!

They’re the daddy in that respect. To be honest shoguns are dire on diesel, not much difference. Auto Shogun 23 mpg average.

Love that. I looked at one years ago but found the seat didn’t go back far enough for my 6’4” size.
I would still love another try in one.
HTD

If you can’t fit in an Amazon there’s not much hope now.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
OP
suckindiesel
Drives
A6 Allroad
That looks like a familiar setup lol, Eamonn Byrne had his mental Yaris and his son's 106 on a similar trailer over in Wales being towed with a 'normal' Landcruiser. There was a couple of Amazon's towing Race Shuttles last year, impressive setup but mahoosive for some roads.

To be honest I don’t find them as awkward as they look! Typical Toyota...everything’s nicely laid out and light to use. Found a td5 disco a much more awkward thing to use.