2006 Honda crv (Heep project)

j44nty

RMS Regular
OP
j44nty
No missing this truck now :grinning:

I can donate a Kenwood amp if you want it? It's from a Iceman install I had in my Toledo! Was only in about 6 months, and it's sat in the cupboard ever since. Not sure on the specs, but I can find it and take a look.
Your a gent. Il take it for the components alone if its not up to the mtx thunder which is a beast. Do you want a swop for a damaged msport front bumper lolol its still lying in my garage.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Love what your doing to this and the reg is perfect lol

Something about old cars and improving them feels good!

neil-c

RMS Regular
Looking good @j44nty. Have to say when you first started posting about this I wasn't convinced, but it looks really well. Bravo!

j44nty

RMS Regular
OP
j44nty
Looking good @j44nty. Have to say when you first started posting about this I wasn't convinced, but it looks really well. Bravo!
Me too I’m still not convinced. Only it was more or less free it would never of been on my radar. Lets be honest its an ugly duckling but has an odd appeal the more I work at it and drive it. My only goal is to make it a useful as possible.

j44nty

RMS Regular
OP
j44nty
Bumped into my mate timmy down at asda and have some proper monster truck envy going on now.
DA8C46BC-82C1-4599-B0A4-BDDEB9046F3F.jpeg

Last edited:

j44nty

RMS Regular
OP
j44nty
Productive day.
Ordered some cheap drl lights the same as the e46.
Soldered longer wires onto the roof light in the boot area and mounted them in the back corners of the boot.
DC7C6B3D-8A01-483A-A1C0-53F4F066DB7C.jpeg

OEM lol

8A1F9AA9-76FE-4F9D-B350-EAB1C30C84D1.jpeg

2F0618A2-3746-4844-8805-07407067BEF2.jpeg

F1EAEDC6-21E1-4922-8616-7CDDA1C0D96F.jpeg

night time pic.
62808224-C568-4758-A86C-49B986911522.jpeg

I also hard wired both dash cams. The rear one I drilled and bolted the mount bracket onto a plastic clip on cover used for a mounting point.
E5E91C26-8336-4055-AD05-1E2C11F40B6F.jpeg

Last edited:

Con S3

RMS Regular
Drives
RRS SVR
Really enjoy threads like this........great work lad.

Are you sure 3 light bars would cover it ? lol :laughing:

j44nty

RMS Regular
OP
j44nty
Not much of a photo update but the big shed ran flawlessly. This week it has been to blackpool, liverpool,swindon,London,Leicestershire and back home. Off the boat this morning and into hauling 2 ton loads of farm yard manure. In typical honda fashion it just wants more abuse and does not complain. I also crossed a river in it and scored the off side plastic sill trim on some rocks on the bank but so far so good. Before winter closes in I want a custom front A frame to hold a light bar and roof mount fabed up for another bar. Need to get cracking on a reverse camera and rear work led lamps to light the trailer.

Last edited:

j44nty

RMS Regular
OP
j44nty
On the mission to make the heep more useful one pain I had after lifting was the lack of visibility when hooking on the twin axel trailer and parking in gerenal.
So 23 quid later lol yes 23 quid. I read the reviews carefully and decided for the alone time soldering and messing its worth it alone.
E1A3E1D9-799A-47E5-94D7-7E7729D875C7.jpeg

2 hours later boom. Il fire up a wiring how to when I get a chance. Live feed is powered off the reverse bulb wire.
Comes on sharp when reverse is engaged and off again when not. Clear screen and so far its a complete win.
7E569267-8F24-458E-A625-455EF4968508.jpeg

DC51D4D7-E5FD-4FD1-B80F-1EF09214318A.jpeg

EC78150A-387E-4536-9D35-0D20A72597FC.jpeg

Id say any self employed folks with a work van needs this in their lives.

Edit: rough comedy sketch on the ipad but I wish I had it before I figured it out myself because the chinese instructions are non existent.
7DB06B08-30A0-4B5F-908F-CC202099E5E4.jpeg

The kit comes with a video cable that also has a power wire incorporated like below hench my inclusion in the sketch above
87BB79B8-D1DE-4CF8-B2D1-569DB9EC2DEF.jpeg

Last edited:

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
I know probably made by children in china but they did a good job and il let amazon carry the guilt for that one. Even if it lasts a week the camera and screen can be upgraded now all the wiring is complete.
Looking forward to your wiring guide. I will be recommending to a cousin whose Vivaro I'm insured on. No brainer Sir! Brilliant work thus far.

Markhall

RMS Regular
Drives
Ax gt, defender
I enjoy this thread massively.
I’m thinking of doing something similar with the Cherokee I bought my dad .

j44nty

RMS Regular
OP
j44nty
Not much of an update but have a free minute. This thing is excellent. Its ugly and gererally not as capable as some but its as comfy as a car to sit in on long journeys. Bit of tyre rumble at speed but ok. It has proved its self the last couple of days cleaning up the fields after storm Ali. 260 miles of mud boggin, lane crawling, log haulin fun. Was great craic and it got a proper battering my da drove an old 2 wheel drive tractor and trailer and This thing followed it everywhere without a problem for 2 days. Only once did I have to back up and take a big run up a steep gate entrance because I had over 2 ton of logs on the back. Tyres have proved a good purchase and I would have no chance without them or the lift. I powerwashed the life out of the underside today and cleaned it up again.
Plans over the next few weeks are a custom A frame on the front for a light bar and a custom roof rack of some description for mounting a roof box, high lift jack, work lamps for the trailer and a front mahoosive light bar.
Cant wait for the snow

C532570D-CFAB-4428-BF50-052CAFCA3CB1.jpeg

D3F391F6-CC12-4D84-95AA-0DCDB2D43EA6.jpeg

colin84

RMS Regular
Not much of an update but have a free minute. This thing is excellent. Its ugly and gererally not as capable as some but its as comfy as a car to sit in on long journeys. Bit of tyre rumble at speed but ok. It has proved its self the last couple of days cleaning up the fields after storm Ali. 260 miles of mud boggin, lane crawling, log haulin fun. Was great craic and it got a proper battering my da drove an old 2 wheel drive tractor and trailer and This thing followed it everywhere without a problem for 2 days. Only once did I have to back up and take a big run up a steep gate entrance because I had over 2 ton of logs on the back. Tyres have proved a good purchase and I would have no chance without them or the lift. I powerwashed the life out of the underside today and cleaned it up again.
Plans over the next few weeks are a custom A frame on the front for a light bar and a custom roof rack of some description for mounting a roof box, high lift jack, work lamps for the trailer and a front mahoosive light bar.
Cant wait for the snow

View attachment 209556
View attachment 209557

Skip the A frame, and go straight for a roof bar with an LED light bar!

colin84

RMS Regular
Im doing that at the same time lol. Im thinking a spot 20” bar on the front. 47” spot and flood on the roof. 2 spots for the side angles back of the bonnet or on a frame.

What's the law on A bars and bull bars now though? I thought they were illegal?

j44nty

RMS Regular
OP
j44nty
What's the law on A bars and bull bars now though? I thought they were illegal?
Think they are legal. I forgot I want side step rails in the same steel as the rest all to be finished in upol raptor liner.
I was gonna buy a fun car but the more I think about it Im gonna plough on with this for a while then maybe jump up to a wrangler JK and build a proper monster.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Don't put the light bar with floods right at the front of the roof, you will get loads of glare on the bonnet. Experiment with positioning before fabbing anything

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Don't put the light bar with floods right at the front of the roof, you will get loads of glare on the bonnet. Experiment with positioning before fabbing anything