2006 Nissan 350z GT

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
981174_10154243659199384_603771298631878730_o.jpg

Picked this up last week and am quickly seeing why they are so popular.

Its a 2006 GT model with 44k on it. The service history was what drew me to it and that is was pretty unmessed with.

Wheels have been referbed in gloss black with touch of flake in it. Thinking of going anthracite instead long term.

Love the noise and handling of the car, big powerful lump, and for those who say they are slow, they must be used to big big power cars cause this feels every part of 300bhp lol.

Will fire up a few more photos as I go (thanks to @Sonny for snapping it at weekend)

only real plans are

popcharger intake
front splitter
space out wheels front and rear
maybe an exhaust lol...

comments welcome

Cro

RMS Regular
Lovely, bonnet bulge too (y) Agree on the wheels, Rab was telling me about it today when I called in for parts, sounds a good one

Mine is registered on the exact same day with identical miles, random coincidence lol. Loads of advice diy's and advice on 350z-uk if you aren't already on

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Lovely, bonnet bulge too (y) Agree on the wheels, Rab was telling me about it today when I called in for parts, sounds a good one

Mine is registered on the exact same day with identical miles, random coincidence lol. Loads of advice diy's and advice on 350z-uk if you aren't already on

yes am already on owners club thanks, yeah Rab is pickling his and my head lol... mentioned your nismo lol? got a video? although mine does sound loud but looks oem. has a k&n drop in filter in airbox.

any decent places for parts etc?? got a thread for your motor mate?

Cro

RMS Regular
yes am already on owners club thanks, yeah Rab is pickling his and my head lol... mentioned your nismo lol? got a video? although mine does sound loud but looks oem. has a k&n drop in filter in airbox.

any decent places for parts etc?? got a thread for your motor mate?

Yeah should be a couple of pages back. I only recently bought it back after it going away for a couple of years but I bumped the original thread. Nismo is by far the best exhaust for them but expensive and hard to find, they sound great even standard though. Parts wise there are a few decent traders on the forum giving decent discount and always worth a look, have never found the prices of things very dear which is handy

MarkM

RMS Regular
Lovely, 06 silver is called universal silver btw, I take it alloy is what the yanks call it? :grinning: I bought a silve one in 06! Long time ago now :sob:

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Thanks guys. Yeah noise is addictive and getting 24mpg mixed from it so not too bad.

Please I got face-lift with led rear lights and updated fogs.

Slowly realising you really don't see many on road which is nice.

Thoughts on wheel colour change?

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Very nice. Wonder if we could get an NI owners meet?

Having used mine every day and now just using occasionally it feels a lot more special.

Glen

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa GTV 2.0 TS
View attachment 109152

Picked this up last week and am quickly seeing why they are so popular.

Its a 2006 GT model with 44k on it. The service history was what drew me to it and that is was pretty unmessed with.

Wheels have been referbed in gloss black with touch of flake in it. Thinking of going anthracite instead long term.

Love the noise and handling of the car, big powerful lump, and for those who say they are slow, they must be used to big big power cars cause this feels every part of 300bhp lol.

Will fire up a few more photos as I go (thanks to @Sonny for snapping it at weekend)

only real plans are

popcharger intake
front splitter
space out wheels front and rear
maybe an exhaust lol...

comments welcome
gorgeous looking and love the colour. Yes I agree with you that the alloys would look excellent in anthracite. HTD

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Very nice. Wonder if we could get an NI owners meet?

Having used mine every day and now just using occasionally it feels a lot more special.

Yes a meet would be great mate. Would be up for it certainly. Eventually this will be weekend only as company car arrives in summer.

I feel like a teenager in love again........ nom-tastic Davey boy, health to drive.

Thanks del, only real let down in the car is the head unit.... 2006 car with a tape deck lol! Will certainly be changing that soon lol.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Yes a meet would be great mate. Would be up for it certainly. Eventually this will be weekend only as company car arrives in summer.

Thanks del, only real let down in the car is the head unit.... 2006 car with a tape deck lol! Will certainly be changing that soon lol.
oh - the speakers are a HUGE let down as well - talk to Chris Linsday - he had a cracking little system for little money!

Cro

RMS Regular
Chris' was spot on, and being a few years ago can probably be had for a lot cheaper or some newer stuff available.
I still rock the tape deck for the aux cable and that nobody wants to break in for it

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Chris' was spot on, and being a few years ago can probably be had for a lot cheaper or some newer stuff available.
I still rock the tape deck for the aux cable and that nobody wants to break in for it

Seen that mod Chris. Is it hard to do?

coleslaw

RMS Regular
Drives
350z
I know we'd chatted before about the Milltek I have for sale, but now that my Ark Grip has bedded in properly I can safely say you neeeeeeed one of those! Best mod I've done to the car. The sound is unbelievable and it looks absolutely beautiful. Happy to let you have a listen some time.

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
I know we'd chatted before about the Milltek I have for sale, but now that my Ark Grip has bedded in properly I can safely say you neeeeeeed one of those! Best mod I've done to the car. The sound is unbelievable and it looks absolutely beautiful. Happy to let you have a listen some time.

Sorry mate forgot to get you to pm me a price of milltek so please do. Do u have a video of the ark? Heard great reports but are they not mental money??

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Small update

Fitted a pop charger today. Picked it up off owners club as I've heard good reports of them and build quality is second to none.

DSC_0070_zpso2v3b8ue.jpg

Before

DSC_0071_zpsxeqitf22.jpg

After.

Please excuse mad colours lol camera phone on last legs.

Manufacturers quote at 5-10hp gains which I very much doubt. I'm happy with noise and the heat shield that properly does shield filter from exhaust down pipes.