2006 Nissan 350z GT

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Dare I say it, it would almost be rude not to be a nice steering wheel in now lol? One of the lovely personal ones lol?

Why Would You Say That New Girl GIF by hero0fwar

Off to look at wheels…..

Is PMG offering sponsorship? My OF has not taken off even remotely

finn28

RMS Regular
Drives
350z
No touch wood no issues with the decats, but I’ve yet to go through with the big single exhaust on yet lol.

I'm taking mine out of the shed in the next few weeks. The MOT with decats has me worried with how loud it is. I only have a single map on my ECU, so the pops and bangs are always on at over 4k :joy: . So not sure how they'll take to that.

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
I'm taking mine out of the shed in the next few weeks. The MOT with decats has me worried with how loud it is. I only have a single map on my ECU, so the pops and bangs are always on at over 4k :joy: . So not sure how they'll take to that.
Good luck lol but yeah just get the car nice n hot then try n get it through. The decats are tucked pretty high up into the Nissan lol

Have you a thread on your car?

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
What a job….

For a long time the headlights had been really bothering me on the zed. Typically Japanese yellowing but also I could see a clear tab inside the light that helps disperse light had also went yellow causing the entire unit to look poorly. It really aged the car in my opinion
082FB286-392C-4314-BD4B-D1A9197BEA48.jpeg

B07D0053-FA2D-4E16-B29F-0895D8EC3463.jpeg

So to take the headlights out, the bumper needs to come off, which involves taking out approximately 1000 10mm bolts.

Also to access around 1/2 the 10mm bolts both wheels and arch liners needed to come out too.

Then headlights come out and whilst also removing approx 3mm of flesh from each knuckle.
79832AF7-7BAA-44AA-9669-B2C160777AC8.jpeg

Then headlights into oven for 7minutes at 100 degrees and then split. All to remove the yellowing tab.

89390BDD-807F-43AC-BC4D-718B0EB34867.jpeg

Then reverse the process inc adding silvertec bulbs etc.

Polish to finish.
F812EA80-EFFC-43BF-BE4E-D8B66606F58A.jpeg

Never again

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
never say never

just quick update, and well the bumper had to come off again lol...

282A65B9-3133-487D-9958-0F3DE86C91D7.JPG

In my rush for dubshed dopey here was cleaning the engine bay and also making sure the new silvertec bulbs were seated correctly.

Got called away for school run and then home to wash the car, forgot id unseated the indicator bulbs and then proceeded to fill the headlights with soapy water

balls, all this on the Friday of dubshed.

In a moment id killed both the bixenon ballasts and ruined inside the headlights (that are approx 800 quid 2nd hand lol)

So despite being 50/50 about it I still went to dubshed, and spend the Friday evening with a heat gun and silica packs trying to un-mess my mess Kinda worked, but they where foggy the whole weekend, honestly I could hardly look at the car and mid Saturday if they'd let me take the car home I would have. But these things happen.

few of the more decent photos that I was sent of it

IMG_6966.JPG

IMG_6967.JPG

IMG_6981.JPG

So onto the Monday after the show, day off work, bumper off, headlights out, drained and then re-heated and split. I dried the ballasts out in the oven and thankfully they still work ok.

For the job doing right I removed all the old sealant and re-sealed the headlights with new sealant and head treated them

Headlights back in and all ok, very slight mist when they get hot, which I put down to the bixenon surrounds being damp and sealed further inside the headlight, got a few silica packs here I can place up inside the back of them to finally remove any moisture.

Next plan is to get them UV treated again to ensure no more yellow tinge.

To cheer myself up I bought a set of titanium wheel nuts for the nismo wheels, which will go nicely with the quiet Agency Power single titanium exhaust lol. Also got a pcv valve to replace the old 'non-serviceable item' lol

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 16.05.58.png

moral of the story... never say never and don't fill your headlights with soapy water

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Few before and afters

Pretty subtle, but if you look at them somewhat close you see the nice titanium burnt effect and I like them lol :joy:

Before

tempImagewXRbKA.png

After

tempImagegabhUM.png

tempImageUPAEHs.png

Attachments

• tempImage4sxY3P.png
    tempImage4sxY3P.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 12

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
got a free hour last night to nip over to the JPCCNI cars n coffee at applegreens. Was crazy busy but was great catching up with a few folks on here I haven't seen in a little while.

Pretty happy with how the car is sitting now. Did notice 3-4 other zeds there, which 1-2yrs back wouldn't have happened, so it's nice to see them starting to make appearances within the car scene.

Sent this photo from last night.

IMG_7125.JPG

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Was it decent? I knew about it but forgot tbh yesterday. Car is in no presentable state though

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
been tagged in a few photos recently from cars n coffee

AF25E9FC-2C32-4BDF-849C-4E1E0E158028.JPG

IMG_7485.JPG

IMG_7476.JPG

Next week its due its annual oil and filter change (seriously not due to milage lol) and then its off to Mondello for LzFest for the weekend.

Over next few days the front lip is coming off and I am going to attempt to rub down, re-prime and paint it as its just stone chipped and bit flakey after 5yrs of abuse lol, its held up well imo

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Would the front lip wrap? I had mine painted then attempted to PPF to protect it but wasn't bonding correctly or "bending" properly so went with vinyl - this was 3 years ago maybe and its still in great condition - first stone chip would annoy me!

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Would the front lip wrap? I had mine painted then attempted to PPF to protect it but wasn't bonding correctly or "bending" properly so went with vinyl - this was 3 years ago maybe and its still in great condition - first stone chip would annoy me!
yeah looked at the wrap option, it would be well beyond my skills to be perfect, and cause of the width they would need to use several pieces etc, so would actually work out more expensive that getting it pro-painted lol

im gonna try my best over the space of a week to take my time and get it right (annnd then prob have it pro-painted lol)

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
so not too many updates as im planning on taking if off the road for winter.

Plans will be to dye the headliner, maybe repaint the a few interior trim piece (or have it hydro-dipped a matt black) and paint the plenum.

Before end of summer I repainted my front splitter, 6yrs on the road had taken its toll...

homemade booth and slowly rubbed down and used the filler primer to build up layers then paint.

tempImageWw6h0S.png

pretty happy how it turned out.

Next spring will be the 8th year of owning this car. Don't see myself ever selling it now. Photo below of the first month I've owned it to last month.

March 2016 at Down Royal
109254-2c11e99341119cd492209c4e337b13aa.data.jpeg

August 2023 at Comber Cars n Coffee

403610-81dcb0913e2e0dfeea7ccb865e1dfb8b.data.jpeg

I also attended. the grey abbey run end of august. Was serious craic and a lot of nice stuff turned out.

Did have a laugh though at a line of nice classics and then the **** in the loud 350z lol

IMG_7673.JPG

IMG_7690.JPG

IMG_7691.JPG

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
So the big zed came back out of hibernation end of march, though with the weather being as random, it hasn't done a huge amount of miles outside few weekend runs and dubshed.

Once it was taxed off it went to @RubberLover for initially new tire valves and wheel weights as the steel ones where corroding, ended up needing 4 tires lol ouch

Once it was back, I linked back up with Simon at Pentagon, who was amazing at fitting me in last minute to get the drivers and passenger side windows re-tinted for dubshed. Something about the coupe shape and tints all round just sits right with me.

For dubshed and for a laugh mainly I added a subtle saitoworks sunstrip and rear decal. I had the graphics printed in an oil slick reflective vinyl so very hard to see against the tinted glass but when light hit them, the black chrome hit, I quite liked the affect.

Took a few snaps and happy with how a small budget (everything second hand lol) mod'd 350z turned out on the weekend. Was very surprised to realise I was the only 350z indoors.

Few snaps

tempImagebJrpv2.png

IMG_0169.JPG

tempImagesn8qB3.png

tempImageXefEUH.png

tempImageVNBhY4.png

Nice note was this year my 6yr old boy Ezra came with me on the saturday again, proper car guy now. Adored the Driftgames Vette (rip) and their lambo

tempImage3VKpUh.png

Attachments

• IMG_0064.JPG
    IMG_0064.JPG
    271.9 KB · Views: 0