2006 Nissan 350z GT

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
$_86.JPG

This is it on my car. It's subtle, but would look well on the silver. I've also a Official Nismo CAI intake that you can have for free, but it needs a water bypass valve. £25 quid should get you a new valve.

The TT Zed is putting out 503WHP.

Thanks mate that would be appreciated for carbon centre piece and the CAI. Sure I can't cover something for them??

Seen that blue for sale. Beautiful beautiful colour combo. I'm sure that TT combo surprises a few people lol

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
So quite a few updates since last one

The lip has been prepped painted & fitted and tonight I fitted my new side skirt extensions. Picture below.

This weekend it will be getting gearbox n diff oil service and following week I'm refurbing the radiator fans. Common issue with them is that they stick.

Once those boxes are ticked light tint all round from pentagon and maybe a small side decal courtesy of @Blackwater Graphics

Comments n thoughts welcome as always.

Front lip painted n fitted (mines replica)
IMG_2346.JPG

Side extensions being measured up n marked for drilling

IMG_3206.JPG

Finished

IMG_3208.JPG

saxo_man

RMS Regular
You can only edit the title for a limited period of time afaik. Cars looking well!

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Been a long winter with the zed sitting idle but with new job next month and company Car going back it will being Dailyed again.

Only 2k last year between mots. So with it going back on road was treated to a full service including diff oil etc and new set of uniroyals on the rear. Very impressed with the rainsport 3’s on the front I got last summer. So got a set to match on rear. Will update how I find them on the rear

No big mod updates yet, have a set of Nismo rear spats here for it and will fit when I am off next week.

But small job that always bugged me was Marky interior door handles. Big weak point on these cars. Managed to source a vinyl that matched the oem interior perfectly and got someone much more talented than I to wrap them. Pics below.

Over the moon with them. Been bothering me for ages lol.
D93DCB8F-BBAD-4A07-8DB9-08342060D571.jpeg
B09E3B16-B465-4445-AF11-AA42099F66D1.jpeg
893AEFA6-A774-4006-A0AA-4F605C1797AF.jpeg

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Its the simple touches like that do make it feel fresh again when sitting inside 8-|

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I am mate. Finish Monday and on one hand will miss the motor trade, the great team and banter.

But with 2 very young kids n a few hobbies n passions that I’ve been missing there is more to life than chasing a big wage n working 60hrs a week.

It is def a hard job to make the numbers and get the money in. But as you say life is all about the work/life balance which is more important than anything.

All the best in the new role.

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
It is def a hard job to make the numbers and get the money in. But as you say life is all about the work/life balance which is more important than anything.

All the best in the new role.

Thanks mate. Yeah work life balance is worth 10k a year to me and I’m going to do something I’m genuinely passionate about and will be hoping to make a difference in kids lives who are from less fortunate backgrounds.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I love your motor. Hard to believe it’s coming up on 12 years old. The 350 still looks so fresh and is a car which has aged really well

Edit to say good luck with the new job. Sounds amazing and doing something to aid others is amazing. Well done

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
I love your motor. Hard to believe it’s coming up on 12 years old. The 350 still looks so fresh and is a car which has aged really well

Edit to say good luck with the new job. Sounds amazing and doing something to aid others is amazing. Well done

Thanks mate yeah looking forward to driving it more from now on lol. I’d tend to agree think it’s aging well as a shape and I can’t see them dropping in value much more now.

Thanks for the good wishes. Based in a church in belfast so looking forward to a fresh challenge. Great hours also so hoping to get to a few more car things this summer

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
been a little while since I've updated this

unfortunately nothing hugely news worthy. Car is continually maintained with Anachem gear, which I love. The new gleam @Big Pimp is fantastic.

IMG_4159.JPG

It had its big service a few thousand miles ago (just ticked over to 58k) by @carmadchris at Bangor Tire Centre (all fluids, plugs, rear tires etc) and I'm currently using it as my daily, averaging 22mpg in urban daily driving :confounded:

obligatory pump shot

IMG_6779.JPG

I would love it to be professionally detailed come end of summer before it goes off the Road for winter, so might be speaking to @big_pete on this one, will see how funds allow. But paintwork for its age etc is pretty perfect, think front bumper had been painted prior to my ownership due to the lack of stone chips lol

They can be pretty practical too, as I found out collection stuff for my daughters birthday party

IMG_0110.JPG

Yes that is a massive inflatable pinky pie

Few shots from over last few months

IMG_1864.JPG

IMG_2964.JPG

I actually took this one when I was thinking of selling up and going VAG (Audi S3) but found them a little too sensible for what I like in a car lol

IMG_8311.JPG

IMG_4334.jpg

Only real met I've gotten to this summer so far is the new Cars and Coffee meet that happened in comber in June out of the Presbyterian Church.

Engineous snapped this for me

IMG_4623.JPG

Last but not least I have been toying with de-wipering the rear of the car to clean up the lines and also mild tint rear window and sides.... Would appreciate peoples thoughts??

Side profile to help

IMG_1287.JPG

As always comments and suggestions welcome

Attachments

• IMG_3220.JPG
    IMG_3220.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 271

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I wouldnt remove the rear wiper as the car is still practical and not a show car as such.

Mind you on 2nd thoughts, if Hydraclean is as good as its appearing to be, that could be an option to get a halfway house of rear wiper gone and still seeing out the rear. Which with a car that size im sure you could do with.

Colin747

RMS Regular
Drives
gt86
I removed the rear wiper on my Z a good while ago, best mod I've done. Makes it so much cleaner looking and I've not missed the wiper at all tbh.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I like it a lot. Couldn't daily one, those MPGs are GPMs lol

Tastefully done though, looks well.(y)

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
I think it looks absolutely great David!
I ran mine as a daily for awhile, really hurt the old pocket and was shifted. Great fun cars though, specially in the snow ;)